Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First pictures from Mars

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: First pictures from Mars

DTES said:
Another thing you haven't mentioned is that the picture is a single, flat shot from a 3-D 360 degree high-res shot of the landscape. The whole thing will be quality. Especially with those retro 1970s 3D glasses.

Surely one of the papers (News Of The World maybe?) has plans to give away 3-D glasses and a nice glossy supplement with the Mars photos in? That would be decent :cool:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
ooooh - I remember when we got glasses with little pin holes in the middle for watching the eclipse in Australia - they later issued an apology to all those people who used them incorrectly and now have a hole in the middle of their vision!! :ohmy:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
latest image from Mars
PIA04990.jpg

:glare:

not much of it but at least its in colour :lolol:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Re: Re: Re: First pictures from Mars

Tom Hark said:
Surely one of the papers (News Of The World maybe?) has plans to give away 3-D glasses and a nice glossy supplement with the Mars photos in? That would be decent :cool:

Yes, but the NOTW would super-impose a topless Jakki Degg on top, for extra 3D effects.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey! You're right, it IS very cool! Sharp as a pin - and more than a bit spooky :ohmy:

And that big round disc top left hand corner looks suspiciously like Beagle :wave:

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Tom Hark said:
And that big round disc top left hand corner looks suspiciously like Beagle :wave:

I think it's obvious what happened to the Beagle. The Martians are clearly Oasis fans and as soon as they heard that Blur call sign chime up they smashed it into many pieces.

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
tedebear said:
I presume theres a cheese knife on board there somewhere alan??

Very subtle tedebear. Like it. :D

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
For those that care:

Beagle 2 has been lost forever, last ditch attempt to contact it today have failed, they keep saying that they will keep trying but it dont look good.

Europe Fails but NASA succeeds.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
LIFE & WATER BEEN FOUND ON MARS!!!

stt01.jpg

:smokin:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Is that Elvis in that yacht? :D

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Nope it's Tom Hanks with his football shaped friend!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here