Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First film you ever saw at the cinema

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I remember when I was 5, and my sister was 8, we walked up to the kiosk in the cinema, totally oblivious and innocent, we asked for 2 tickets to see the X-rated 'Sinderella' :D

My first film was when my Mum dragged us there to see the Sound of Music. At 5 years old, it was the first time I fell in love .... with the youngest kid in the Von Trapp family. I swore that one day I was going to marry her :)

did you?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Grease-Movie-Poster-grease-the-movie-512582_1281_1920.jpg

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Haven't got a scooby. Probably a Lone Ranger thing on a Saturday morning ABC Minors or whatever it was called in Haywards Heath (when it had a cinema). First "proper" film would have been either Star Wars or Grease, whichever came out first - can't be arsed to look it up. Queued from the seafront right round to Russell Road in Brighton to get in for both.

Yeah I remember Saturday morning flicks, we used to boo the baddies in the Lone Ranger. One of my 1st full-length films:[yt]e98Ozg0yFSY[/yt] afterwards I couldn't get Roberta Tovey and her white socks out of my mind!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Absolutely horrific for a 5 year old. Didn't go again until 'Starwars'

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Snow white. A fair few decades ago!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Jungle Book for some reason 20 years after it was first released

Not strange at all. Disney used to re-release all their films at the cinema every 7 years until VHS/DVD/home cinema etc took the market away. I saw Snow White (1939) at the Odeon Kingswest as recently as 1988... What the kids made of a bunch of drunken 20-somethings filing out of the cinema on their knees whistling 'Hi ho, hi ho..." is not recorded.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
I'm pretty sure it was "paint your wagon" with Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood at the Odeon in West Street (now closed) in 1969.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here