Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First film you ever saw at the cinema

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
given how old i feel today it must have been The First Motion Picture Ever Made - The Horse In Motion (1878)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
ghostbusters2_1989-350x460.jpg

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Pretty sure it was Snow White. According to my Ma I spent most of the film hiding under the seat!!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Return of the Jedi

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good question, after much thought my earliest cinema memory is a film possibly called Journey to the Top of the World at a flea pit in Seaford. I also saw Jaws at same flea pit later on.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm pretty sure it was Bambi at the Odeon down West Street.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Very first memory is of being taken to The News Theatre in North Street (now a Burger King) which used to show non stop cartoons and newsreels. This was in the late 50's so I must have been about 5 at the time.
wwwcitylibrariesinfo_01364.jpg

First proper full length film I remember seeing was Cliff Richard in The Young Ones back in 1961 at The Ritz cinema in Shoreham.
Cliff+Richard+-The+Young+Ones.jpg

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I used to go to the 'Saturday Morning Pictures' at the local Granada when I was a lad, but my first 'grown up' film at the cinema must have been 'Dracula- Prince of Darkness' and 'Plague of the Zombies'. I almost cacked myself! How a bunch of innocent-looking fresh-faced 12 year old kids managed to get into see an X-rated (18) film is something I still don't quite understand!

I've seen both films since, and found them to be disappointing.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Bedknobs and Broomsticks at a cinema somewhere in Sheffield.
Winnie the Pooh and the blustery day was the short film on first.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Haven't got a scooby. Probably a Lone Ranger thing on a Saturday morning ABC Minors or whatever it was called in Haywards Heath (when it had a cinema). First "proper" film would have been either Star Wars or Grease, whichever came out first - can't be arsed to look it up. Queued from the seafront right round to Russell Road in Brighton to get in for both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here