Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First film you ever saw at the cinema

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Pretty sure it was this in about 1969; I have vivid memories of running out in tears

bambi.jpg

In 1970ish I saw this in Broadstairs, Kent

MPW-55536

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
MPW-44198

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
Diamonds Are Forever (1971) which I saw in an Arizona drive-in with my parents on a family holiday in about August 1972.
Obviously only being 18 months old I don't have a GREAT recollection of it :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
film1.jpg

this one...and screamed my way through it seemly ( as all the little girlies were screaming , I assumed it was the thing to do

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Very first memory is of being taken to The News Theatre in North Street (now a Burger King) which used to show non stop cartoons and newsreels. This was in the late 50's so I must have been about 5 at the time.
wwwcitylibrariesinfo_01364.jpg

First proper full length film I remember seeing was Cliff Richard in The Young Ones back in 1961 at The Ritz cinema in Shoreham.
Cliff+Richard+-The+Young+Ones.jpg
Just checked back and this film came out the year before The Young Ones and I remember going to see it, so this must have been the first proper film I saw.
[yt]WF8Bf1d_crk[/yt]

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I saw Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch at that place where Burger King is in about 1976

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blimey that sounds as though it was a bit heavy going, my memories were of Road runner and Mickey Mouse!
:laugh:

it was. after about 10 minutes I was waiting for the intermission

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I believe it was BMX bandits, well that's the first one I remember.

An early role for Nicole Kidman. As far as I remember the bad guys were beaten by a bmx bike race that ended with everyone covered in foam. Don't make 'em like that anymore.

I cannot remember, I've been so often, it would have been mid 80s, I think. I know I had been going to the cinema before jaws the revenge, which is one I remember seeing.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I remember when I was 5, and my sister was 8, we walked up to the kiosk in the cinema, totally oblivious and innocent, we asked for 2 tickets to see the X-rated 'Sinderella' :D

My first film was when my Mum dragged us there to see the Sound of Music. At 5 years old, it was the first time I fell in love .... with the youngest kid in the Von Trapp family. I swore that one day I was going to marry her :)

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
a strange double bill - the jungle book & oaklahoma at crowborough cinema, I dont know when but the cinema was closed in about 1970 so probably 68 or 69

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here