Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Firework factory fire near Ringmer

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
one of the firefighters had retired, went back a few years ago to film so that younger firefighters could be trained off the videos :nono:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
only1robbiereinalt said:
one of the firefighters had retired, went back a few years ago to film so that younger firefighters could be trained off the videos :nono:

Thats terrible.

I do feel for the families that loose someone who was just doing their jobs.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
only1robbiereinalt said:
afraid it's true. My old mans a fireman in Hereford & Worcester...just left East Sussex. he's lost a couple of his mates.

I don't want to say anything until I hear it confirmed, but if that is the case then I am gutted.

Have just come back from a RTA on the M11 and we were trying to get news from our Control room (Essex), but they couldn't tell us anything... hoping all my East Sussex collegues get back home safe to their families tonight.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
got sky news on with camera footage in the dark, it has spread to quite a big area, but only says serious injuries only

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
From PA: Norman Baker appears to have confirmed that the two fatalities were firefighters.
Terrible news.

:(

12 more injured but not life threatening apparently.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Really terrible.I bet local people are enjoying the display without relising two fire fighters have died.So near to christmas as well

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Shit. Just logged back on to see this.

I know this sounds awful and completly selfish, but does anyone know which stations the firefighters are from?

These guys were only doing their jobs. I can imagine what they, or there familys went/are going through.

Puts it all into perspective doesnt it

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Two local fighters from near by have died

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I hope it wasn't arson.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
algie said:
Two local fighters from near by have died

Yes, but that's presumably from the news.

If you're a Sky News viewer in Aberdeen, or Ipswich, or Cheadle Hulme, "local" would mean practically anywhere in Sussex.

Brighton officers would be classed as local, Eastbourne, Uckfield etc, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
edna krabappel said:
Yes, but that's presumably from the news.

If you're a Sky News viewer in Aberdeen, or Ipswich, or Cheadle Hulme, "local" would mean practically anywhere in Sussex.

Brighton officers would be classed as local, Eastbourne, Uckfield etc, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Er no.Baker confirmed it was two firefighters from a near by station ie just up the road

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry, maybe that's just my natural instinct to doubt anything that man says kicking in...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here