Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Firework factory fire near Ringmer

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
roz said:
There's probably lots of smoke-damaged stock on sale.But how many miles are you prepared to travel to pick up the bits? Only I suspect most of what was in there has been literally, cast to the winds.

I hope none of these bits have reached an Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty near Falmer.

There will be hell to pay for otherwise.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Fantastic!! Keep the jokes coming :clap: :clap: :clap:

Afterall, sounds like only two Sussex firefighters have died at the incident.

:salute: :salute:

(That's one from each of them)

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bry Nylon said:

Afterall, sound like only two Sussex firefighters have died at the incident.

It is just irony - flounce alert

Bry Nylon said:

Afterall, sound like only two Sussex firefighters have died at the incident.

No jokes are being made at firefighters' expense, Bry.

And it's no joke for us who know the family either.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
just spoke to my mum anddad, they live about 6 miles from halland and they said the house shock quite bad when it went bang

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
John Winter said his brother, who owns the factory, fled the burning building
with his sons.
He told BBC News 24 there had been "an almighty bang, and the place shook".
He added: "The place is still burning, but no-one is doing anything."

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
fireworks031206_228x158.jpg

'Eyewitness Mark Hazleden told the news channel that the fireworks factory had been operating for two or three years.

He added: "It was quite a nasty scene and in the end I did leave because I felt the area was getting dangerous." '

Well duh :dunce:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
m_fireworks_blaze.jpg

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I'm amazed at the stupidity of some people! For sure, there's no place for "eye-witnesses" at a fireworks factory fire unless they are witnessing it at a considerable distance.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I hate to be unkind, especially when it's purely down to human curiosity, but some of the public can be incredibly annoying when you're trying to deal with an incident

:)

I've been guarding the scene of a near fatal stabbing before, and had several people accuse me of being rude and arrogant because I won't give them every INTIMATE detail of what's happened.

:rolleyes:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Saw a factory compound 'go up' in Manchester a few years back.the then owner was storing unlicenced chemicals,no one hurt,however was a great display of bangs,flames shooting into the night sky and even drums of 'stuff' being blown into the air. :albion:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
edna krabappel said:
I hate to be unkind, especially when it's purely down to human curiosity, but some of the public can be incredibly annoying when you're trying to deal with an incident

:)

I've been guarding the scene of a near fatal stabbing before, and had several people accuse me of being rude and arrogant because I won't give them every INTIMATE detail of what's happened.

:rolleyes:

But it is your DUTY to give us all the details in the name of gossip!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
ali jenkins said:
But it is your DUTY to give us all the details in the name of gossip!

*sighs* Yes, it would appear that is most people's perception of our position...

I know people can't help being curious, but in any given situation, there can be a million reasons why we can't give away much beyond the obvious (one of which is sensitivity), and when the hundredth person demands to know what's happening, and then goes whinging to the nearest press member because "the police won't tell us anything", it can be a tad wearing :)

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
edna krabappel said:
*sighs* Yes, it would appear that is most people's perception of our position...

I know people can't help being curious, but in any given situation, there can be a million reasons why we can't give away much beyond the obvious (one of which is sensitivity), and when the hundredth person demands to know what's happening, and then goes whinging to the nearest press member because "the police won't tell us anything", it can be a tad wearing :)

It was only a joke.

I would never expect a member of the police force to give me details about an incident unless i was DIRECTLY involved.

I would even find it slightly unprofessional if they were giving out infomation willy-nilly to everyone who wanted to know.

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Anyone got any updates?

I know alot of the fireman from Brighton and surrounding areas though work and I am really worried about the rumours that 2 have been killed.

I really hope it is just a rumour and turns out to be unfounded.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
At present BBC says a number of injuries, some serious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here