Votes: 90 48.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Lizard - are you listening to us?

Yes I am. Stop speculating, see what happens and then start drawing conclusions.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
There was a poll on here on Monday that showed that 60 odd percent wanted him out and that included several fence options.

The only thing that has changed since then is the "Lizard" issue, so I believe what you are seeing here is not so much a back track on keeping McGhee, more a staunch defence of DK.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
surrey jim said:
McGhee IN,
as DK said sacking him would be a knee jerk reaction :clap2: :albion:

A knee jerk reaction to several months of baffling team selections, woeful displays, palyer walk outs, lacklustre performances, dropped heads, 5-1 home defeats, relegation...

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Jimmy Saville said:
Sully, I'm curious. Given your opinion on recent results, team selection etc, why do you think he should have a third of next season to prove himself?

I was just depressed at the situation we were in, and admit that a few selection choices seemed baffling.

However, McGhee sees the players every day (give or take a few) and last season I was equally baffled at selections that turned out to be inspirational.

I just think that changing horses now will result in us ending up with a load of young inexperienced players losing their way.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was very angry about the 5-1 defeat but upon reflection 1 game, albeit the worst in Albion's history at home does not cloud the issue that

1. Season 1 - promotion gained, play off final at Cardiff, one of the top 5 Albion day's out ever
2. Season 2 - unbelievably managed survival and shortlisted in 7 managers of the season from all 4 divisions
3. Season 3 - just about holding own and in with chance of survival when wheels come off

3 bad months out of 30 is not bad.

Lewes District Council try and kill off club
Sale of Virgo, Cullip, Currie, Harding, ( Knight )
Playing in a shite hole
No training facilities
No real money to compete in the transfer market
No real money for wages to compete in loan market
No end in sight to Falmer issue

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
sully said:
I just think that changing horses now will result in us ending up with a load of young inexperienced players losing their way.

It's not the Really Nasty Horse Racing Game you know! If it was, I would have used the slipped up on the flat card on McGhee long ago.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
I was very angry about the 5-1 defeat but upon reflection 1 game, albeit the worst in Albion's history at home does not cloud the issue that

1. Season 1 - promotion gained, play off final at Cardiff, one of the top 5 Albion day's out ever
2. Season 2 - unbelievably managed survival and shortlisted in 7 managers of the season from all 4 divisions
3. Season 3 - just about holding own and in with chance of survival when wheels come off

Playing in a shite hole
No training facilities

:clap: :clap: :clap: Great post.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Uncle Spielberg said:

Playing in a shite hole
No training facilities

I thought you joined the McGoo out club a few weeks ago?

If you're going to dress it up as fancily as that you should go make a film Mr Spielberg.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have never said McGhee should be sacked and I have always voted to keep him in every poll.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can see the England farce looking professional compared to what we will go through if he is sacked today.

Who is going to take over
How long is it going to take to appoint them
What do we do with all the players who are out of contract before he is appointed ?
Do we let them go and end up with no squad
Do we give them another year and tie the new managers hands

And this is all before next season even starts.

I voted in, because we are still in a better position than when he came, but suspect the outers will have their way :down:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Uncle Spielberg said:
No training facilities

Having played university football in London I can categorically state that at least Fulham, Watford, and until two seasons ago both Chelsea and Arsenal did all of their training at University sports grounds.

Therefore I have to ask how much of a hindrance is this?

All of which had a similar standard to ours. The only difference I could tell was the presence of an all weather pitch at Chelsea's ground and more recently Fulham's.

I know it doesnt look like much, but a canteen changing rooms and a few pitches are all you need- unless you are winning everything left right and centre.

Plus the football offered by Sussex teams show that they are used to playing on good quality pitches.

I was at Uni at Royal Holloway, and certainly didnt have a Premiership team use our facilities day in day out, but the England U21's trained their- in the squad included a certain Mr Zamora.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here