• McGhee Out

Votes: 90 48.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the Realist

Feb 5, 2006
Uncle Spielberg said:
Very clever Zef :clap:

From the Realists comments I assume McGhee stays.

No I was talking about you being suckered in, not the board.

While obviously I don't know for certain (because I'm not DK, RB, TB, DC, MP or MM), I still think he will go

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
McGhee IN,
as DK said sacking him would be a knee jerk reaction :clap2: :albion:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
surrey jim said:
McGhee IN,
as DK said sacking him would be a knee jerk reaction :clap2: :albion:

He should have gone in Jan after Coventry beat us in the cup.

It's hardly knee jerk.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Out Out Out, tactics, subsitutions, playing players out of their positions, set-pieces the worst I've seen in ages. We'll struggle in League One with Magoo in charge.

Sunday was the last straw I'm affraid.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm still in the McGhee out camp.

This season has been a complete shambles. We've gone backwards.

As I've said on other threads we've finished the season with fewer wins and fewer points than any other team in the 3 Coca Cola sponsored league's.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don't recall a season this bad in any respect, even struggling in 97 and scrapping points was a form of entertainment. I keep thinking its me thats lost interest, but everyone else seems to think we're F'ing dire as well ?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I still think he should stay.

He's lost key players this season, and the tactical tinkering that worked with better players last season didn't pay off this season, resulting in the odd hammering.

I'd like to see how he gets on in the first few months next season, with his totally revised training regime, etc. If it's not working straight away, though, I'd soon jump into the out camp.

It seems that his entire team needs a wake-up call, though, and a target should be set for, say, the first 15 games. If it's not achieved they are all out. If it is, then further targets should be set based on what is achieved to that date. I think they lost their way this year because everyone at the club seemed to have accepted that going down wasn't a disaster.

In the meantime, Dean Wilkins should teach them a thing or two about set pieces, and start to be more involved in first team matters on a routine basis. He has worked with most of the squad for many years and knows how to develop and motivate them.

Last edited:

Who cares about the management situation now realistically?

As a big supporter of Mark McGhee, I would rather him gone if I knew it would get rid of poisonous influences in the board room. But it looks like we are not only going to be stuck with these people but also are going to make an utterly incompetent decision on the management :nono: :nono: :nono:

This is exactly the same situation as Crawley fans, who cares if Crawley stayed up or they have a good manager when you got people like the Majeeds running the club? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
London Irish said:

As a big supporter of Mark McGhee, I would rather him gone if I knew it would get rid of poisonous influences in the board room. But it looks like we are not going to be stuck with these people but also are going to make an utterly incompetent decision on the management :nono: :nono: :nono:

This is exactly the same situation as Crawley fans, who cares if Crawley stayed up or they have a good manager when you got people like the Majeeds running the club? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Have you been drinking last night, because your talking alot of crap as usual. :drink: :drink:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
the bottom line for me, win or loose, is whether I enjoy a game, and I haven't enjoyed anything much I've seen and that includes the playoff final. therefore I haven't been going as its a waste of time and money, I believe thats a direct result of the management of the team. My support is withdrawn in that respect which maes me feel bad.

I just hope I can get back into it before my sons old enough to support anyone properly so I can point him ion the right direction and lead by example. I'm sure there are many more like me, and thousands more who don't support because of the stadium situation.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:

I do. A decent manager:

Would have had a system in place that made us hard to beat.

Our players would have an idea what to do on set pieces.

The players would have been fitter.

He would have picked players in their correct positions.

He would have dropped those players who were clearly out of form.

Make stupid comments about games not mattering

We would not have gone down with a whimper but with all guns blazing. We may have gone down but not capitulated like we did.

And as for 'resources' as Gritt and Wood and Horton what it was like at Gillingham. Thats no resources.

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
brightonfan_86 said:
Have you been drinking last night, because your talking alot of crap as usual. :drink: :drink:

I think you just mean you don't understand what he means.

It made perfect sense to me!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I do. A decent manager:

Would have had a system in place that made us hard to beat.

Our players would have an idea what to do on set pieces.

The players would have been fitter.

He would have picked players in their correct positions.

He would have dropped those players who were clearly out of form.

Make stupid comments about games not mattering

We would not have gone down with a whimper but with all guns blazing. We may have gone down but not capitulated like we did.

And as for 'resources' as Gritt and Wood and Horton what it was like at Gillingham. Thats no resources.

Careful, you've started to repeat yourself ;) :D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well I hope the board come to the same decision as NSC so far

58 In
48 Out

MM keeps his job:clap2:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
45% for the sack is hardly a big endorsement for the board to get the long knives out. Give McGhee a chance.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
sully said:
I still think he should stay.

He's lost key players this season, and the tactical tinkering that worked with better players last season didn't pay off this season, resulting in the odd hammering.

I'd like to see how he gets on in the first few months next season, with his totally revised training regime, etc. If it's not working straight away, though, I'd soon jump into the out camp.

It seems that his entire team needs a wake-up call, though, and a target should be set for, say, the first 15 games. If it's not achieved they are all out. If it is, then further targets should be set based on what is achieved to that date. I think they lost their way this year because everyone at the club seemed to have accepted that going down wasn't a disaster.

In the meantime, Dean Wilkins should teach them a thing or two about set pieces, and start to be more involved in first team matters on a routine basis. He has worked with most of the squad for many years and knows how to develop and motivate them.

Sully, I'm curious. Given your opinion on recent results, team selection etc, why do you think he should have a third of next season to prove himself?

Lizard - are you listening to us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here