Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Film 2010

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Saw 3D
M'eh. It tied up a lot of loose ends. It was good seeing Carey Elwes back, one couple wlaked out pretty early (not sure if that was because of the man in the car, or because the "story" of this instalment hadn't really got going after 20 mins.

If you are a fan of the series you will probably be satisfied, though not much more than that.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Skeletons

Odd little Britsh film. If you are prepared to "go with it" and let the film paint a picture (it's a slow 'un) it becomes an intriguing, captivating and amusing tale. My mate hated it but i thoroughly enjoyed it. It seems to be advertised as a comedy but i wouldn't describe it as such, it's hardly a hoot, more gently beguiling. Not often you see something original, so gets a thumbs up from me. Glad so see that we can still make decent films in this country.

8/10

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I saw a film today about a bunch of secret black op experts. Losers? Expendables? A-Team? Red?

Based on previously released material
Losers? A-team? Red?

They were being hunted by their own government
A-team? Red?

It was dumb actiony, fun, with a light hearted attitude, definitely not to be taken seriously as movie making art
A-team? Red?

It was Red. Having seen pretty much the same film 4 times already this year this certainly didn't feel fresh, but it was fun. A good cast, having fun, and I always tend to like the Bruce Willis. Like others have said, if you're not expecting too much, and leave your brain at the door, this is a decent film.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Despicable Me

Nothing particularly groundbreaking, but it was fun, and the minions are cute.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Really enjoyed this. Based on a true story about a teenage girl who died following an attempted exorcism by a priest, who was then prosecuted for causing death by negligence. It plays out as a horror / courtroom drama, with a series of flashbacks to show how Emily turns from a normal girl studying at Uni to a tormented demonic she-bitch from the depths of HADES.

Builds the tension nicely, and some truley unsettling images, particularly in the gruesome way her body twists and contorts. Well worth a sniff.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Still can't get over how good Inception was. One of the best films of the last 10 years for me. Just got the soundtrack last night, it really is fantastic, especially this;

[yt]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z0kGAz6HYM8?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z0kGAz6HYM8?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Still can't get over how good Inception was. One of the best films of the last 10 years for me. Just got the soundtrack last night, it really is fantastic, especially this;

[yt]Z0kGAz6HYM8[/yt]

(fixed)

Chris Nolan is my current favourite director.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What did I do wrong? I've posted loads of videos from YouTube before, couldn't work out what I did wrong.

Inception, Dark Knight, Batman Begins, The Prestige - All WICKED.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What did I do wrong? I've posted loads of videos from YouTube before, couldn't work out what I did wrong.

Inception, Dark Knight, Batman Begins, The Prestige - All WICKED.

I don't know if it's stopped letting you do it the way you did any more (several videos have had that same problem recently), but you don't need all the embedding info, just the numbers/letters after the = in the url inside the [yt][/yt] markups.

I think his worst film was insomnia, and even that was decent. Following was a good film, though is clearly low budget.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh ok, thanks for the info.

Do you have any theories on Inception?

I like the one that it's all in Leo's wife Mal's head, that when she jumped to her death, she was infact waking up, and it's Leo that is deluded and still living in a dream.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oh ok, thanks for the info.

Do you have any theories on Inception?

I like the one that it's all in Leo's wife Mal's head, that when she jumped to her death, she was infact waking up, and it's Leo that is deluded and still living in a dream.

None that I would argue to the death over.

I've seen people say the ending is so obvious and argue (convincingly) for it all being a dream, and 've seen people say the ending is so obvious and argue (convincingly) for it all being real.

My initial reaction was that it was a dream. I find it to be more intriguing if it is a dream, because then you get more questions: whose dream? Is cobb some insane person trying to justify having murdered his wife and kids through this dream? Is Ariadne an agent trying to discover the truth over his wife's death through his dreams? Or a psychiatrist trying to treat him? Is Cobb even living in a world where dream sharing/manipulation is real, or is that all a figment of his dream? The possibilities are quite endless.

But on reflection I realised the film is just so well made that it is impossible to say one way or the other.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
its probably going to be CRAP but I love Alien flicks so going to see SKYLINE next week :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
None that I would argue to the death over.

I've seen people say the ending is so obvious and argue (convincingly) for it all being a dream, and 've seen people say the ending is so obvious and argue (convincingly) for it all being real.

My initial reaction was that it was a dream. I find it to be more intriguing if it is a dream, because then you get more questions: whose dream? Is cobb some insane person trying to justify having murdered his wife and kids through this dream? Is Ariadne an agent trying to discover the truth over his wife's death through his dreams? Or a psychiatrist trying to treat him? Is Cobb even living in a world where dream sharing/manipulation is real, or is that all a figment of his dream? The possibilities are quite endless.

But on reflection I realised the film is just so well made that it is impossible to say one way or the other.

I think the endings to The Dark Knight, Inception and The Prestige all point to suggestion that Nolan likes films with endings left deliberately open to speculation, with NO true definitive answer.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
127 Hours. Latest Film by Danny Boyle about Aron Ralston who got trapped in a canyon in Utah and had to cut his arm off to escape. Shows what strength and courage ordinary people are capable of in the direst situations. Ralston comes over as an arrogant loner who doesn’t need family or friends but at the end the whole audience was rooting for him. Because the case had been well publicized in the States you already knew the outcome but that didn’t stop it being a great film. ‘Slumdog’ got all the Oscars but this was way better. 9/10

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Burke and Hare

It was ok. but I was expecting it to be more madcap, and there to be several comical murder scenes, but they didn't materialise. Like a lot of films I've seen recently decent, but not particularly original or spectacular.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here