Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 13

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
Only recognise 1 of those 'Real Managers' names - Shearer, assuming you mean Alan, he isnt even a real manager. Who are the other 2?

Harry Redknapp, think he used to manage some premiership team.
Roy Keane, Alan Shearer.

Id of loved to get the Ireland job. I think it depends on what division your managing in because with brighton i havnt been offered a thing.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349355005.573390.jpg

My Ultimate team! It's called MackailSmith :thumbsup:

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I'm not aware of team press (yes im a complete ****) Can you kindly tell me how to do this?! (Iknow how to go ultra attack / ultra diffence etc if that's what he means?!)

Thanks

You use the right stick to do this. Press up for offensive instructions and down for defensive. Here you can do team pressing, offside, counter attack etc.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You use the right stick to do this. Press up for offensive instructions and down for defensive. Here you can do team pressing, offside, counter attack etc.

Ah yes the 'tactics' thing or whatever it is. You gotta be pretty quick to do certain ones to work instantly then...

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
I've got a couple of questions about the Ultimate Team bit of the game...

Why would you have more than one squad? There's an option to create up to 15 different squads....
Does it matter if the players you own have the same formation on their card as the one you play with?

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Every year is the same for me - Semi Pro is too easy, Pro is too hard, so I have to choose ... win every game or lose every game! This is one area where FIFA has never been able to top Pro Evolution, I always get a good mix of wins, losses and draws with Pro Evo depending on the level of the opposition - as in real life.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Can anyone tell me when using the tactics if it stays that way the whole game? And using high pressure and team pressing at the same time, what effect does that have? I use defensive, counter attack and possesion whole game then around 60th min I add high pressure, whats the difference between high pressure and team
Pressing?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
How are people getting on with their CAREERS? Anyone stumbled across any GEMS?

I'll be honest, I always start my first career on any new Fifa as a POWERHOUSE as I enjoy splashing those monies about.

Also, as I play on legendary, I feel I need a few months of boosting my ego before starting a career further down the tiers.

I've just started as Man City and spent a good hour in the transfer window (I have no idea how) wheeling and dealing. The new player exchange option really helps on deals and it's always worth noting what teams made bids for what players as you can use that to your advantage at a later stage.

I got rid of (only selecting the big names)
Tevez £35M
Dzeko (part of a deal)
Milner (Part of a deal)
Barry £5m
Zabaleta (part of deal)

and got in:
Sergio Ramos (1 year on contract so a bit cheaper)
Neymar
Walcott (1 year on contract so cheap)
Falcao (class) Neymar
Lucas (the brazilian 19 year old)
Fellaini (gave them zabaleta and £6m i think)

I've only played Southampton and Qpr so far but won 5-1 amd 3-1 so at least my attacking is sorted. Still always concede a silly goal.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
So how's everyone getting on with this? Any issues with the various bugs that seem to be strewn through the game? May Career Mode has crashed.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Not playing career until they fix the freezes when you try and load a career and ultimately get a corrupted save.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I was thinking of switching to an offline Ultimate Team. Not tried it before. Does that have issues too though?

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Every year is the same for me - Semi Pro is too easy, Pro is too hard, so I have to choose ... win every game or lose every game! This is one area where FIFA has never been able to top Pro Evolution, I always get a good mix of wins, losses and draws with Pro Evo depending on the level of the opposition - as in real life.

My recommendation... Online head to head seasons

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've found that, as they have drastically imroved the players off the ball movement, I now PACK the midfield with quality technicians and let them do their magic and look for the 3rd man runs.

Also, I insist, you MUST sign Falcao. Doesn't miss.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
This. It's brilliant, been promoted 3 seasons consecutively !

It gets harder to get promoted the higher you get as the point targets are increased but for that competitive edge it's the best option on FIFA. I've been away for the past week & get home today. I'm gonna hammer FIFA 13 tonight

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm currently having fund with a silver Allsvenskan team which is the main team I'm playing with ATM- just won the 3rd division title with them but I'm starting to come up against pretty solid gold teams which is making it a bit more difficut. I can beat gold teams with low chemistry but if I come up against one that is semi competent then I might as well quit out (unless the player is terrible).

I also have a Premier League gold team which is solid but fairly cheap, haven't played with them yet- going to play a few computer tournaments to get the feel of the team before taking it online. I have Szczesny, Lescott, Ivanovich, Cahill, (can't remember the LB!)Tiote, Parker, Berbatov, Sigurrdson, Abedayor, Taraabt (and a bunch of crap in reserve).

I lucked out with one of my free packs I got for playing FUT online and got a 4213 Di Natale which sold for 60k and funded the above teams. I think my next team will be a bronze brazillian team, once I can afford it.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Just had a HORRENDOUS bug in my game (xbox). Got promoted in my first season to the premiership, I extended the contracts of some of BIG GUNS, e.g. Bridcutt and Buckley, who were delighted to remain. It said in the contract area they had -3 years remaining on their contract, which I thought was a little weird. Come the end of the season, they've been released on a free, and I do not have permission to talk to them! Really, really annoying, as players with a similar rating want twice the wage and obviously cost a couple of mil to buy. Stupid f***ing game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here