Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 13

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Regarding the bit in bold, untrue, obviously not good enough. For example as a newbie you should know you have an option to Team Press and play with High Pressure. You just dont know how to use it lol.

As a previous poster said it is a simulator not just a game you tobby (ban me for that one mods lol gotcha)

Love NSC. Can always count on abuse from a total stranger. I'm fully aware of Team Press and high pressure, even with that if someone is good enough at passing it is literally impossible to get the ball off them.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Anyone else getting seriously annoyed with injuries? I'm not even a third of the way through my first season and CMS, Barnes, Lua Lua and Bruno are all out for 5+ months mostly with cruciate ligament damage. I sold Hoskins. Dobbie annoyed me. So I'm playing Vicente and Lopez upfront!

Also, is there no loan window? (I didn't have Fifa 12). I decided not to pay out for a forward, and instead look at getting one in on loan when the big boys had finished spending their money. But I can't seem to loan anyone now?

Argh!

P.S. I bossed the dribbling challenges. Just hold both the triggers (xbox) pretty much the whole way.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Anyone else getting seriously annoyed with injuries? I'm not even a third of the way through my first season and CMS, Barnes, Lua Lua and Bruno are all out for 5+ months mostly with cruciate ligament damage. I sold Hoskins. Dobbie annoyed me. So I'm playing Vicente and Lopez upfront!

Also, is there no loan window? (I didn't have Fifa 12). I decided not to pay out for a forward, and instead look at getting one in on loan when the big boys had finished spending their money. But I can't seem to loan anyone now?

Argh!

P.S. I bossed the dribbling challenges. Just hold both the triggers (xbox) pretty much the whole way.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles

Argh!

My copy hasn't arrived yet :)rant:) but on fifa 12 you could turn the frequency and severity of injuries to your players down. Probably put something similar in 13 :shrug:

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Ah, well for whatever reason I've always been incredibly good at the defending side of the game, less so the attacking. I rarely concede but I struggle to score often as I seem determined to pass it into the net.

I'm the complete opposite. Amazing going forward, shocking at the back! My games usually end up very high scoring. If you fancy a game sometime and you're on xbox, I'm happy to take some tips from you to improve at the back. I'm sure our games would end 0-0 or 1-0 though.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This game does crazy things to your brain.

I've started a career as Arsenal on legendary (I enjoy doing career modes in higher leagues, sorry) and I had got to the January window in 4th place (on legendary i may add) and was struggling.

Man City bid £15m for Cazorla. I didn't want to let him go so I thought "i wonder how far I can push them). I asked for £35M and City paid up. I didnt realise that if the deal is negotiated then, if the new price is met, the player will go without a need to confirm.

All of a sudden I had lost my best playmaker and was furious with myself.

Sold Giroud for £11m though and signed Huntelaar for £12m(though he did only have 6 months of his contract left), Sneijder for £20m and Giovinco for £15m.

Anyone have any good players they have signed for hgher teams? I would recommend Vidal for Juve. Class.

Also I assume their is no way to see how many months a player has left on his contract without going to 'Approach to buy player'?

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
have they at last given us a ground that looks something like the AMEX?? we've been put in a bloody Brisbane Road lookalike stadium for the past few editions

I play my Brighton games at Sanderson Park. I think that's what it's called. It's a two tier all the way round but feels a lot more like the Amex than the default stadium (Molten Road - I think)

Last edited:

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
anyone else name there managers a real managers name? harry rednap to manage bournmorth, shearer to manage blackburn roy kean to manage kasimpasa. wats the international management like. i havnt got an offer yet.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
anyone else name there managers a real managers name? harry rednap to manage bournmorth, shearer to manage blackburn roy kean to manage kasimpasa. wats the international management like. i havnt got an offer yet.

Only recognise 1 of those 'Real Managers' names - Shearer, assuming you mean Alan, he isnt even a real manager. Who are the other 2?

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
have they at last given us a ground that looks something like the AMEX?? we've been put in a bloody Brisbane Road lookalike stadium for the past few editions

They had the Albion in the Brisbane Road lookalike in FIFA 11 but since then they've had us in Cardiff/Swansea/Leicester etc lookalike stadium

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Starting as Arsenal I have been offered them immediately but rejected them all. Teams like USA, Ireland, Ecuador. I was a bit disappointed that I got offered these immediately.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Love NSC. Can always count on abuse from a total stranger. I'm fully aware of Team Press and high pressure, even with that if someone is good enough at passing it is literally impossible to get the ball off them.

I'm not aware of team press (yes im a complete ****) Can you kindly tell me how to do this?! (Iknow how to go ultra attack / ultra diffence etc if that's what he means?!)

Thanks

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Also, have the servers been sorted for the H2H leagues? They said on twitter they were aware of the problems a few days ago...

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Also, have the servers been sorted for the H2H leagues? They said on twitter they were aware of the problems a few days ago...

Still a bit hit & miss in the early hours of this morning although it did seem slightly better than it has (360)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here