Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS Wilkins we DONT need another striker

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
lets look at this a second we have got Revell,Forster,Elder,Jakey,Coxy,Hammond? can ALL play in a forward role if they need to,is that not enough players for any team. Surely we should be concentrating on more important things in the transfer market like plugging the MASSIVE hole that seems to appear in midfield EVERY game or even someone to compete for the number one shirt (Goaly).</rantover>

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
We've signed three midfielders and a defender. We do need a keeper to challenge FDM though, although a new prolific striker would be ideal, I'd be happy with what we have now.

PS you missed out Gatting and Gargan

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
WTF are you on about we NEED a striker to support Forster not just run alongside but one that will help him reach 20 goals and also score 12 - 15 goals himself.

We also need Flinders or similar back to restore confidence to the defence as it appears to have evaporated recently.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
I think Elder and Revell have done a fantastic job of supporting Nicky so far this season, infact in some games Nicky has been more in the supporting role.I totally agree with you about Flinders, we either need to bring someone new in or Kuipers needs to sort out his communication issues with the defence,

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would rather see Forster scoring more goals rather than provide the odd one for our other strikers who are mostly good enough to bring on as a sub if needed but none are good enough to command a first team place.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
you can never have to many options upfront and always need to be looking for that front player that can win you matches and improve on what you've got

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Forster - CLASS, should be playing every week - what do we do when he has a dip in form - no back up

Revell - works his socks off, scores a few goals, but nearly enough - good foil for Forster

Elder - barn door, banjo, backside, cow - gets in positions but is not clinical (only scores loads in ressies because he has about 20 chances a game)

Gatting - not enough pace or strength, but has that ability to score tap in's in the 6 yard box - we dont have a player like that

Robinson - should not be allowed anywhere near the front line - bottles challenges and cant seem to shoot without leaning back

Gargan - too light weight for this league, but can finish well for yoofs team

Brinkhurst/Louis/Upton are all too young, but prolific in the yoof team - they just dont need building up like Robinson in case they turn out toilet too

So after all that, we NEED another GOAL SCORING striker, rather than a hard working foil for Forster

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Forster - CLASS, should be playing every week - what do we do when he has a dip in form - no back up

Revell - works his socks off, scores a few goals, but nearly enough - good foil for Forster

Elder - barn door, banjo, backside, cow - gets in positions but is not clinical (only scores loads in ressies because he has about 20 chances a game)

Gatting - not enough pace or strength, but has that ability to score tap in's in the 6 yard box - we dont have a player like that

Robinson - should not be allowed anywhere near the front line - bottles challenges and cant seem to shoot without leaning back

Brinkhurst/Louis/Upton are all too young, but prolific in the yoof team - they just dont need building up like Robinson in case they turn out toilet too

So after all that, we NEED another GOAL SCORING striker, rather than a hard working foil for Forster

Yet Another Clueless Fool. Elder Is The Best Striker We Have. Absolutely Despairing

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If we managed to pick up another striker of Forsters quality then we would really notice the difference. At the moment yes we have loads of strikers but only Forster is one you can pretty much guarentee will perform every game

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
lets look at this a second we have got Revell,Forster,Elder,Jakey,Coxy,Hammond? can ALL play in a forward role if they need to,is that not enough players for any team. Surely we should be concentrating on more important things in the transfer market like plugging the MASSIVE hole that seems to appear in midfield EVERY game or even someone to compete for the number one shirt (Goaly).</rantover>

I cannot believe that you cannot see how desperately we need a new striker. Revell and Forster are fine but should one of them get injured all we have is Elder, Gatting and Gargan. If we are serious about the play offs a striker has to be a target. Robinson is now a winger (by far his best position), Cox is a winger and Hammond up front (when has that ever happened).

Wilkins is absolutely right to target a striker in my view.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Couldn't agree more. We may have a number of strikers but most of them will struggle in this league. I even think there may be an argument that we need two strikers (one on loan) so we can loan out Gatting, Elder and Gargan.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Surely we should be concentrating on more important things in the transfer market like plugging the MASSIVE hole that seems to appear in midfield EVERY game

That's an incredible statement considering we've just signed 2 midfielders in the last 7 days ???

And with the signing of Richards to strengthen the defense surely a striker must be a priority right now?

Although saying that, if the opportunity to get Currie in (or any player in any position who brings that something extra talent wise) then I'd be happy with another midfielder

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I would say we need a winger first, but we could do with another striker as well. Revell is doing well at the moment but he hasn't always been consistent in front of goal, Elder is an aerial threat but a very raw player in almost every other aspect, he's not as likely to change a game off the bench as Bas was. Gatting, will put away a chance if he gets it, people have called him lazy which I think is ridiculous, he does work, he's just slow, but he won't really have much of an impact on a game. Not sure he's much use as a sub. Robinson's movement and pace are good, but he has no composure in front of goal.

Maybe we should bring back Bas on a severely reduced wage? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here