Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS Wilkins we DONT need another striker

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
however well revell is doing at the minute, i cant see hom sustaining that goalscoring form for the rest of the season - and the more worrying thing is that since he has been back up front, forsters goals have dried up again

another striker is a must - elder is far too hit and miss for my liking, and none of the others are really that good

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fleetwood ( FGR ) out of our price range
Cox ( Reading ) if leaves, will go to Swindon
Maybe Akinfenwa - released by Millwall. Worth a close look.
Puncheon ( Barnet ) is a midfielder
One of the Forest strikers in the duldrums ( They have about 7 )
Murray ( Rochdale ) - not worth what they are asking
Robinson ( Hereford ) don't know him
Lester ( Chesterfield ) scored BAGS of goals this year. Prob very pricey.
Zebroski ( Torquay ) is a troublesome little c*nt, alledgedly

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I know a lot of people are not happy with Revell as first choice but that is not what worries me. I think he has done a good job (5 in 5 since he came back) but the real problem is what happens if he or (more importantly) Forster gets injured. We need more strength in depth up front otherwise it could be a problem at any time.

Wilkins was certainly saying the right things in the Argus and the encouraging side is that we have acted early this year rather than waiting until the last minute.

Totally agree. Things don't look too dodgy now but if the window closes and we then get an injury / suspension, we'll have regretted not strengthening the forward line. DW is right to pursue another striker.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
think we do need a new forward we have a few support players (Revell/Elder) but only Forster who will get 20+ add someone who will get 15+ and we are play off bound. Have a lot of faith in Elder think he will get goals but think maybe a loan spell in league 2 to build confidence would do him the world of good. Also got time for Gatting he has a knack of being in the right place to get goals, i have no idea what went on at Woking they may have been rubbish, but the grief he gets is a joke. Too much pressure too young as per the NSC way. He will score goals given the chance

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Priorities... striker then winger then BACK-UP keeper...

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
lets look at this a second we have got Revell,Forster,Elder,Jakey,Coxy,Hammond? can ALL play in a forward role if they need to,is that not enough players for any team. Surely we should be concentrating on more important things in the transfer market like plugging the MASSIVE hole that seems to appear in midfield EVERY game or even someone to compete for the number one shirt (Goaly).</rantover>

Havent we signed enough midfielders already, and we're trying to sign more anyway. Them strikers you listed, 3 of them are midfielders, 2 of them are practically useless and then theres Forster. So yes i think we do need some form of new striker. And do we need a new goaly? Michel has been on top form all season, and Flinders is always there for back up anyway!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A tricky left winger is what we need. :)

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Pencheon can play as a forward.
Forster would nurture Zebroski and prevent any agrro.
Murray and Fleetwood are both young so might be worth paying for, we'd be likely to turn over a profit, Fleetwood i rekon about 200k and Murray about 150k, gotta be worth the gamble on one of them.
If we offer a larger contract than Swindon for Cox you never know...

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
would like to see us in for Cheltenham's Gillespie too - though again, might be a bit pricey.

but any one of:

Murray
Gillespie
Cox
Fleetwood

and i'd be happy.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
No ones going to say no to another striker but when, as soon as Bas buggers off with a hissy fit, Revell & Elder start doing the business you start to wonder whther he was any better than that we've already got. Personally I think if there was a priority I'd say defence first at the moment, then midfield (despite the 2 signings we are still a bit weak) but attack third. You improve the supply and (within reason) any of the current ones we've got will score.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I do think we need another striker.

In order to capitalise on the capture of Nicky Forster we need either a creative midfielder (oh haven't we been saying this for years! Perhaps Thomson is this) or another striker to work with him.

Elder - good striker and works very hard but it is clear that he is non-league in the past, the difference between him ( in warm ups) and other strikers is clear for everyone to see. If we are serious about the Championship Elder cannot be relied upon

Gatting - first touch is hopeless. Personally I don't rate him and don't think he is the future for Brighton by any means. He might be able to do a job but he'd get a few goals then drift off, not a partner for Forster whatsoever.

Young Strikers - Forster is going to be a fantastic teacher, no doubts about it, but I believe these strikers are too young for our already inexperienced team. They should not have to step in.

Robinson - I'm not sure what's going on with him. Beginning of last season - on fire. Recently he appears to be lost, he's lost half a yard of pace and I'm not sure where his position is anymore.

Revell - now I rate Revell personally and do believe him to be a quality player but again, I'm not sure if he is an adequate partner for Forster. Out of all of our Striekrs he is the most equipped to accompany Forster but I still would prefer another experienced (ish) striker up there with Forster.

However, many clubs want this so the availablity is going to be the question. Is it worth shelling out 300 k or whatever, depends on the player. But personally I think it is. I've heard people say ' no don't pay the price for them because they're not actually worth it, demand is pushing up the price' but we cannot waste the capture of Forster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here