Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FFS Tony Bloom

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think you might be better off on some middle class language forum construction workers like me really don’t give a flying f.
It's got nothing to do with class, or at least it shouldn't have. Plenty of working class people with a command of the language would be turning in their graves at the appalling frequency of "should of". It doesn't paint a good impression of the author and thus trivialises what you're trying to say. Well IMO anyway.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It's got nothing to do with class, or at least it shouldn't have. Plenty of working class people with a command of the language would be turning in their graves at the appalling frequency of "should of". It doesn't paint a good impression of the author and thus trivialises what you're trying to say. Well IMO anyway.
Nope still don’t give a shit. Personally if you pull someone up for spelling on a football forum you really have to be a proper dick IMO anyway.
I mean what does it really get you in life some of the self made wealthiest people I know can hardly spell and that’s the gods honest truth. I learnt long ago never judge a book by its cover.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Got as far as 'should of' - and then gave up readng and wondered why the f*** the fact that it's incorrect hasn't sunk in to everybody, given the number of times it's been helpfully pointed out on here. One way or another, many people have learned all sorts of things from NSC. Guess some people just don't want to learn.

Do you realise how petty you sound? :rolleyes:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nope still don’t give a shit. Personally if you pull someone up for spelling on a football forum you really have to be a proper dick IMO anyway.
I mean what does it really get you in life some of the self made wealthiest people I know can hardly spell and that’s the gods honest truth. I learnt long ago never judge a book by its cover.
It's not about being a "success in life" though is it? It's more about how your audience view what you've got to say given that we all make prejudgements.

If you really ignorantly don't give a toss then ultimately it really is your loss. It just subconsciously cheapens the value of your view in the eyes of some, and I'm saying that as someone who *didn't* pull you up for your grammar but is just trying to explain the impact.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Vaguely amusing nobody is talking about our xG being the 15th best in the league despite us being 9th.

Funny how xG was so relevant last season to so many.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Vaguely amusing nobody is talking about our xG being the 15th best in the league despite us being 9th.

I'm sure if it was brought up now it would be relevant to a lot of those who didnt find it relevant last season...

Personally I find xG interesting, but definitely more so when everyone has played eachother once.

In my opinion there is no doubt that the team has played worse and created less chances than last year, and it is also reflected in the xG.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Not shooting for a couple of games probably 'helps'.

Aug 18, 2013
I'm sure if it was brought up now it would be relevant to a lot of those who didnt find it relevant last season...

Personally I find xG interesting, but definitely more so when everyone has played eachother once.

In my opinion there is no doubt that the team has played worse and created less chances than last year, and it is also reflected in the xG.
Fair play to you for saying so.

Aug 18, 2013
xPTS was what people were banging on about last year.

Based on xG it shows how many points you should have.

Last year according to xPTS we should have finished 5th.
Let's not rewrite history, please. Nobody was talking about expected points until the very end of the season. It was all about xG until then.

The important thing is the league table. As many of us said it was last season.

But if xG is an indicator of how we are performing then, well it's a little concerning.

At least Saturday was a positive return to the days of not winning a game that was there for the taking.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Let's not rewrite history, please. Nobody was talking about expected points until the very end of the season. It was all about xG until then.

But if xG is an indicator of how we are performing then, well it's a little concerning.

At least Saturday was a positive return to the days of not winning a game that was there for the taking.

Tbf xGA is also indicating performances as defense is also part of the overall performance, and that has been a lot better this season than in the beginning of last one (when Ryan was still the GK, Dunk struggled a bit and White was a bit puppylike).

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yes, you're right - of course it's nothing to do with class. Fortunately for all of us, and society, progress and evolution in general, not giving a flying f*** about learning is not, and never has been, a defining characteristic of the working class.
Celebrating ignorance (and unwilingness to learn) as some sort of working class credential just comes across as faux working class posturing; maybe he should of known that! :wink:

Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

I was going to write a detailed response but then couldn't be bothered.

We are 15th in xG which I agree shows we are not creating a lot of chances compared to a team in 9th.

However we are 6th in fewest expected goals against which shows how good our defence is.

Put the two together and we are 10th in expected points.

So it's not only in finishing that we are underperforming but also in creating chances which reflects the quality of our strikers.

Aug 18, 2013
Tbf xGA is also indicating performances as defense is also part of the overall performance, and that has been a lot better this season than in the beginning of last one (when Ryan was still the GK, Dunk struggled a bit and White was a bit puppylike).
Yep that's fair. Also the Ryan, White and Lamptey trio meant we were absolutely dreadful at defending corners. We seem to have sorted that now with our monster defenders and Sanchez.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Surprisingly, well it was for me, last year we actually finished third behind Man City and Chelsea in fewest expected goals against.

5th in expected points.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do you realise how petty you sound? :rolleyes:

No. Do you realise how silly you look defending basic errors as if getting it wrong (and not wanting to learn) is some kind of badge of honour? 'Could of' and 'Houghton' have both been called out many times on NSC - many people have taken those comments on board, learned, and moved on. Are you saying one blatant error is acceptable to call out, the other is not?

Good luck with putting together a plausible case for that one mate!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No. Do you realise how silly you look defending basic errors as if getting it wrong (and not wanting to learn) is some kind of badge of honour? 'Could of' and 'Houghton' have both been called out many times on NSC - many people have taken those comments on board, learned, and moved on. Are you saying one blatant error is acceptable to call out, the other is not?

121A1721-B58B-4E78-A86E-2B11A21F4DD6.jpeg

I’m not surprised you have made 36.000 + posts when stuff like this bothers you :facepalm:

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville

I cringe at 'could of' too, but I've long since given up trying to correct people who say/write it.

Wilful refusal to learn is another question, though. I just hope the construction worker in question takes more care of details in his/her work than he/she does when writing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here