Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS Dickinson Scores for Peterborough!

Feb 14, 2010
i never said there wasn't room for improvement, but he's 23/24 has good pace,a good shot etc...like I said before i thought he could do well. I can recall a few assists from him as well.
It's all about opinions and I just thought he offered something different from what we've already got...but then I always hoped Davies would prove the doubters wrong to.
I think I like the underdog.

Fair enough, I'm a bit old school, and think if you have no natural ability to control a football then you should bugger off and play egg chasing or other sports where you dont need skill like athletics.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
When you think of some of the player who play regularly in the premiership then Dickinson isn't that bad at all.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
This should go somewhere to those fans who somehow think our team isn't good enough.
Our team, as I have said on numerous occasions, is VERY strong. Players who aren't getting into our starting eleven are starting for teams that are doing MUCH better than us.
Why we can't seem to put performances together I'll never know :US:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
My old Uni mate has just called (a Peterborough fan) and said Dickinson put in a man of the match performance (his words not mine), and he reckons he's a good addition for them!

Whether you rated him or not he still offered something different to Forster and Murray, and I for one would have kept him bearing in mind our position.

Can't help but think this club's got a habit of shooting itself in the foot with Dickinson gone and Forster dropped for 3 matches (who I think might have helped us get at least one win from the Orient and Huddersfield matches).

I just hope if GP doesn't rate him, then Peterborough cough up a few quid in the summer and so we can recoup some of our outlay.

murraymint

Aug 13, 2008
This should go somewhere to those fans who somehow think our team isn't good enough.
Our team, as I have said on numerous occasions, is VERY strong. Players who aren't getting into our starting eleven are starting for teams that are doing MUCH better than us.
Why we can't seem to put performances together I'll never know :US:

Agreed. Can you name any other clubs (especially in L1) that are loaning players out like us...and the players are going to better/at the moment more successful clubs. I'm sure Poyet has his reasons, overall I think he is doing a decent enough job. But it is a strange situation.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Dickinson has scored 1, and so has Davies. Calm yourselves down, who really cares?

Dickinson scored a freekick, so it's not like he's started banging them in from open play now, is it?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Suprised? Me? Not one bit.

So thats 6 starts in the Championship, and 5 goals.

What.A.Donkey...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Suprised? Me? Not one bit.

So thats 6 starts in the Championship, and 5 goals.

What.A.Donkey...

I'm so glad that we've got a manager that can spot a good player and get the best from them.

:ohmy:

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Interesting extracts from Posh Fans Forum. Gannon might have been good for us?

No 1-

Afternoon, haven't posted on here for a while after you left us behind last season! And looks like it might be a while till we clash again..

Anyhow obviously you are coming under a fair bit of interest from us Stockport fans with the appointment of Gannon and then the inevitable buy of Dickinson - don't be surprised to see him chase others who are out of favour at Brighton in particular (McNulty, Tunnicliffe) or maybe Fon Williams from us, although he hasn't had the best of season two of Gannon's trusted coaching staff - who I believe haven't been offered a job this season but will be should Gannon continue beyond May (Alan Lord and Peter Ward) were at Edgeley Park on Saturday to witness our 2-2 draw with Colchester. Perhaps keeping tabs on a couple of Jim Gannon's young products who were in the team, Fon Williams did make a clanger if any of you have seen the highlights. There are other players aswell, John Ruddy from Everton is a fantastic keeper and Gannon took him to Motherwell - I am unsure if he is still there but he played every game in the SPL under Gannon.

You were with us in League Two when we both went up and we had a battle for automatic promotion with Hereford, we beat you and your place to ruin your promotion party and then we carried on to follow you in League One as we were 4th and 5th the following season before the cash problems kicked in, and you seen how we play - 4-2-3-1. I have seen a few of you discussing tactics for tonight's game and if you get anything other than 4-2-3-1 for the rest of the season I will be extremely surprised.

I followed Motherwell and watched them when I could, he employed the same system, he wants young hungry players who can play Football and look to keep the ball. I think the oldest player in our Wembley team was 26, if Gannon is in charge long term and given some money this summer I would not be surprised to see the likes of Gary Dicker (central midfielder at Brighton, very good passer of the ball), Jim McNulty (can play left back or centre half, also at Brighton), Anthony Pilkington (plays on the right of the front three in Gannon's system, absolutely fantastic player at Huddersfield) joining you.

I expect Tommy Rowe will probably play every game from now until the end of the season on the left hand side of the 3, that is almost certain. Watching the Goals of the Season DVD from when we came up from League Two and Rowe was first introduced into the team, Gannon described him as "future Premiership star and maybe even the answer to England's left sided problems". His highlight was a hattrick at Rotherham away, fantastic performance that day.

Liam Dickinson was brought in from Woodley Sports by Chris Turner about a week before he was sacked, Gannon came in and saw the raw talent Dickinson had. He was instantly chucked in to the team and was fantastic, his second season he was a bit hit and miss (when we finished 8th and missed out on the play-offs by goal difference) - we had four strikers that season, Adam Proudlock, Anthony Elding, Tes Bramble and Liam Dickinson - he was never comfortable. The following season he started the same, but then Elding left for Leeds, Bramble was released and Proudlock was never deemed fit enough to start many games - the system was finally created and Gannon has stuck with this ever since.

This video is in chronological order and shows Dickinson well, ended in the fantastic victory at Wembley.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Hope all is well, you might stay up, keep the faith.

No 2-

Great all round game from him, he was a little unsure of himself to start with but as the game progressed he got better and better. He scored the 1st and assisted in the 2nd. He even got back and defended. Brilliant. Keep it up Liam!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
One lucky goal does not make a good player. I doubt he will score anymore.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
One lucky goal does not make a good player. I doubt he will score anymore.

Wanna small wager on that? £10 to REMF says that he gets 3 goals or more for the posh by the end of the season?

:wave:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Wanna small wager on that? £10 to REMF says that he gets 3 goals or more for the posh by the end of the season?

:wave:

He may get 3 goals, but no more. I will bet you he doesn't reach 4 goals for them by the end of the season. Loser pays REMF

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Who cares. As an earlier post says if he does well he will either come back or move on for a decent fee. We got Fozzie, Muzza and Holy to fire us out of relegation trouble and i will bet that they will as well. I still think Gus has a few decent loanees signed up as well.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Davies scored on his debut for us. It's one goal :US:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here