Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Shirley we would play Kadioglu on the right and have Barco fill in for Pervis as LWB until he's fit again?
Yeah that's clearly an option. All the time Lamptey is still with us I see the club believing he is getting closer to his old self though, even if he never will quite get there. Him and Hinsh are currently the options there. Veltman right sided CB now?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Barco used in midfield as well for added creativity. I think we'll be quite flexible.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Yeah that's clearly an option. All the time Lamptey is still with us I see the club believing he is getting closer to his old self though, even if he never will quite get there. Him and Hinsh are currently the options there. Veltman right sided CB now?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Barco used in midfield as well for added creativity. I think we'll be quite flexible.
Lots of options all over the pitch, increasingly so!

But yes, I see Veltman as a RCB, and while Jack did quite well as a RB/RWB last season, we might want to test him as a CM. I'm certain he would still get plenty of game time even if we signed Kadioglu. If retained, Lamptey would, too, though I'd prefer we offload him what with him having only a year left on his contract.

As for Barco, I agree that he could do a job in midfield, but I feel that if played out of position, he'd sooner be deployed as a LM/LW than a CM -- not sure if that's what you had in mind.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No chance of this happening according to Turks here. He is a 40 million pound player who is being looked at by bigger clubs. Was fun though being linked to him.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Lots of options all over the pitch, increasingly so!

But yes, I see Veltman as a RCB, and while Jack did quite well as a RB/RWB last season, we might want to test him as a CM. I'm certain he would still get plenty of game time even if we signed Kadioglu. If retained, Lamptey would, too, though I'd prefer we offload him what with him having only a year left on his contract.

As for Barco, I agree that he could do a job in midfield, but I feel that if played out of position, he'd sooner be deployed as a LM/LW than a CM -- not sure if that's what you had in mind.
We're a bit stacked at CM so think it'll be difficult for Jack to get much time there. His progression has been so quick I wouldn't rule it out though!

Agree re. Lamptey. It's really unfortunate but I don't see him being consistently good enough now.

Barco played CM a few times for Boca and natural drifts into that position anyway at times. Just see that as potential progression and an option.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Had heard the Arsenal youngster was the new Saka, and Saka was very much a wingback (one of the most attacking roles in football) when he started out.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Can’t see us paying £45m for a full back. That’s big money for almost any club for that position of player.
Agreed - I’d be surprised if we offer more than £35mil. But it’s not big money for some other clubs, Man U for example would pay that.

IF the tweet is true (big if) then I reckon B&B will move onto next target

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
I do wonder whether the club will go all in for this guy. He is clearly an excellent player and can play pretty much anywhere.

£45M is one hell of a some of money but if he is that good, and we got 2 great seasons out of him, would we not at least recoup our money when one of the big boys decides they want him.

Could all be bs of course but id love to see this guy on the books

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here