Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Agreed - I’d be surprised if we offer more than £35mil. But it’s not big money for some other clubs, Man U for example would pay that.

IF the tweet is true (big if) then I reckon B&B will move onto next target
I'm not totally ruling it out (and as you point out the tweet may be bollocks). If the data on him suggests the transfer fee and wages represent value we might still try

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I do wonder whether the club will go all in for this guy. He is clearly an excellent player and can play pretty much anywhere.

£45M is one hell of a some of money but if he is that good, and we got 2 great seasons out of him, would we not at least recoup our money when one of the big boys decides they want him.

Could all be bs of course but id love to see this guy on the books
Just on signing this player in expectation of getting money back or a profit, the issue is that he is 25. So even if he comes in and does really well for a couple of seasons, it will be hard to turn a profit on a player that age

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
Just on signing this player in expectation of getting money back or a profit, the issue is that he is 25. So even if he comes in and does really well for a couple of seasons, it will be hard to turn a profit on a player that age
I agree and dont think we would make a profit. I do believe we could expect to make our money back though. Surely a player in his prime that has lit up the best league in the world would command that.
It is of course always ifs and buts, so we shall see. He could of course be a total flop too and so it may be a risk too far for us

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Rubbish - he will be at a career peak between the ages of 25-30

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

No idea how reliable the source is :unsure:

To give you an idea - Their Linked In page is just a shell of a page, with not even a name quoted or actual presence , Marca is a Spanish paper which presumably they're trying to pass themselves off as having some relationship with, and are journalists with transfer news sources also fans of the players they're writing about. ?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Ferdi would be a super buy.... but a wing back for a back three not a full back in a back four. Would allows us to move Barco upfield

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ferdi would be a super buy.... but a wing back for a back three not a full back in a back four. Would allows us to move Barco upfield
The TogetherBHA Pod interview with Uwe Hünemeier interview was very enlightening about some of FH’s interesting tactics.

For example, he spoke about FH teams in possession with players switching positions. Sometimes the wingbacks tuck in next to the false CB whilst everyone bombs forwards to create this sort of formation if we sign Ferdi:

————————Verbruggen—————————
———Van Hecke——————Dunk——————
—Kadıoğlu——-—-Wieffer————Barco———-
March—-Gilmour—Pedro—-Enciso——-Mitoma

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think he is coming to the Premier League.

Beware the ‘Turkish’ label though……

He looks like Owen Hargreaves and shares the same internationalist characteristics. Why conduct an interview in Turkish when English is your preferred language!

Playing along side Verbruggen, Van Hecke, Veltman and Wieffer will suit him down to the ground.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

He looks like Owen Hargreaves and shares the same internationalist characteristics. Why conduct an interview in Turkish when English is your preferred language!

Playing along side Verbruggen, Van Hecke, Veltman and Wieffer will suit him down to the ground.

But not to us?

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
It would be great but I don't think this one is on.

He's ready for a big club that will pay him a shit load. We're the stepping stone club to that level, he's already had his stepping stone at Fenerbahce and proved himself at the Euros. We won't be his showcase if he's already had a showcase.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

:thumbsup: He's already played with Albion's forgotten giant Kjell Scherpen in the Netherlands U21s.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Looks like we have upped our bid. If this one is turned down I reckon we’ll move onto Bah.
If we get him then it’s a great purchase with both Man Utd and Arsenal having shown interest. Can see him being our first choice right wing back although he can obviously play LWB and other positions too..

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks like we have upped our bid. If this one is turned down I reckon we’ll move onto Bah.
If we get him then it’s a great purchase with both Man Utd and Arsenal having shown interest. Can see him being our first choice right wing back although he can obviously play LWB and other positions too..
IMG_5309.jpeg

Perfect for Hürzeler’s system of players constantly swapping positions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here