Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Very flexible but I expect we have a position in mind for his main focus. If we haven't signed wing backs yet I suspect the right side is crying out for a player to come in and make the spot his own. Jack Hinshelwood can't play every minute there and neither can Lamptey. Milner if he sees the field, shirley needs to be central these days and Veltman/Igor are wide cbs in a 3 at the back system. Certainly not bombing on types even when cbs have some license to.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We’ve had a superb window thus far and this guy looks like the real deal. Fingers crossed
We’ll have to beat off the sort of teams we triumphed over for the signature of Cozier-Duberry.

That’s an awful lot to ask bearing in mind this player is surely worth £20m+

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
We’ll have to beat off the sort of teams we triumphed over for the signature of Cozier-Duberry.

That’s an awful lot to ask bearing in mind this player is surely worth £20m+
For sure but I have the feeling we will ship out quite a few also rans to offset the cost a little

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
So is the latest that we've made an offer for him? Expect Fenerbahce will be happy to sound out other parties after his performance at the Euros.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Didn't realise he was born in Holland represented the Netherlands at U16, 17, 18, 19 and U21 until switching to Turkey.

Got one of the top European clubs written all over it imo. Could be media bollocks like the first post 2 years ago saying he'd signed already. Another £20-25m spend in this window?
Started off as a CM for NEC Nijmegen (I know this only because I did an FM save with them when he was a 17 year old and turned into a world beater).

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yes, but - sorry to sound like a Chelsea fan - that will be amortised over five years, so £14 m in this year's accounts - covered by the likely Undav sale.

You are being let off with a warning for future good behaviour, failure to do so will result in "Chelsea Plastic" being added under your signature 😀

But seriously, I'm always confused by this. Yes the 'cost' on the books is spread over the 4 or 5 years of a contract for PSR purposes. However in reality, hasn't the Accounts Dept at BHAFC HQ wire transferred £71,500,000 out of our petty cash, into the accounts of Feynoord, Newcastle and Nordswhatever?

I'm just looking at it from available spends/ TBMBE investment point of view having to spunk the cash as I'd assume we're so far from PSR worries that it's not an issue.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
You are being let off with a warning for future good behaviour, failure to do so will result in "Chelsea Plastic" being added under your signature 😀

But seriously, I'm always confused by this. Yes the 'cost' on the books is spread over the 4 or 5 years of a contract for PSR purposes. However in reality, hasn't the Accounts Dept at BHAFC HQ wire transferred £71,500,000 out of our petty cash, into the accounts of Feynoord, Newcastle and Nordswhatever?

I'm just looking at it from available spends/ TBMBE investment point of view having to spunk the cash as I'd assume we're so far from PSR worries that it's not an issue.

No the transfer fee will also be paid in instalments. The exact structure will differ between each transfer. Transfer fees are almost never paid upfront in full, certainly not at the fees we are now paying and receiving.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
No the transfer fee will also be paid in instalments. The exact structure will differ between each transfer. Transfer fees are almost never paid upfront in full, certainly not at the fees we are now paying and receiving.
People often get confused between accounting practice and the actual transfer agreements, but yes this is spot on.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

The exception which proves the rule is Neymar's transfer to PSG from Barcelona, the €222m fee was paid upfront, in full.

To put this into context, Ken Bates paid £1 for Chelsea, upfront and in full. Not really relevant but important to remember where that vile little club recently came from.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
The exception which proves the rule is Neymar's transfer to PSG from Barcelona, the €222m fee was paid upfront, in full.

To put this into context, Ken Bates paid £1 for Chelsea, upfront and in full. Not really relevant but important to remember where that vile little club recently came from.

I think transfers where a release clause is met are paid up front in full, certainly when they are paid to a Spanish club. We almost certainly did the same when we signed Marc Cucurella and Pervis (if we met his release clause).

This because of Spanish Law which requires players have a fee for which they can buy out their contract. In reality the player cannot afford this fee, so it is paid by the club they are moving too, and acts as the "transfer fee". It will be amortised in the normal way in the accounts though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here