Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Pub in Brighton & Hove?

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
As an exile we were welcomed by The Long Man during the Withdean years. They have put on buses from the pub for 'regulars' to the Amex. Lovely Thai food also. It is my local 135 miles from home!

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
The Bulldog up St James Street is one of my favourite watering holes along with the Bow Street Runner

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
As an exile we were welcomed by The Long Man during the Withdean years. They have put on buses from the pub for 'regulars' to the Amex. Lovely Thai food also. It is my local 135 miles from home!

You must live quite close to me. I'm in Yeovil till April. Quicksilver Mail is my local pub if you know it

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Smugglers in the Lanes.

They've got loads of pool tables, cosy areas, a nice atmosphere although it can be a little bit pricey.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So many to choose from... So many to save...

I've just discovered a beauty that goes by the name of the Bee's Mouth. Usurped my previous favourite, The Lion and Lobster.

Any gems out there that I have appeared to miss?

Both great pubs, and the Lion and Lobster can get quite unhinged late at night. My favourite for an ale is The Spotted Dog. And I use a variety of others for late night shnizzle.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
The Bulldog up St James Street is one of my favourite watering holes along with the Bow Street Runner

:lolol: wind up surely?

I am too scared to go in the Bulldog

My fave was always The Marquess of Exeter, but that was my local for many years so a bit bias I suppose. It's changed so much since my days back in the 70s.
Where did you live, Tony? I was living in Stanford Road when I was a 70s regular in the Marquess of Exeter. I preferred the Prestonville Arms, though.

D

Deleted User X18H

My fave was always The Marquess of Exeter, but that was my local for many years so a bit bias I suppose. It's changed so much since my days back in the 70s.

Certainly has its now called the Chimney House!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Another vote for the spotted dog (formerly hop poles) Great selection of beer and decent food at reasonable prices. Also the Reservoir off Elm grove is decent.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another vote for the spotted dog (formerly hop poles) Great selection of beer and decent food at reasonable prices. Also the Reservoir off Elm grove is decent.

A very diverse clientele as well; which always helps IMHO. Certainly my favourite at the moment.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
:lolol: wind up surely?

I am too scared to go in the Bulldog

i dropped some palace supporters off there once in my cab. Picked them up at the races and they were giving me grief all the way, one of them had the goals from the 5-0 on his phone and was shoving it under my nose. They asked my to take them into town so I took them to St James street and told them there was a palace bar out the back in the Bulldog, Would love to have seen their faces but I didn't hang around.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Northern Lights, full of fit scandinavians!

A late night regular of mine. One of my best friends is currently seeing one of the bar ladies as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here