Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Pub in Brighton & Hove?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Lot's of great pubs mentioned here... and the Victory??! Never had a drinkable pint of ale in there, very rude staff, awkward layout and overpiced.

I definitely would not consider the Bee's Mouth a pub. More a club/bar.

As for my favourite, probably one of:

-The Battle of Trafalgar
-The Greys
-The Windmill
-The Shakies

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Went to the World's End last week and was impressed. Mrs G said the ribs were the best she'd tasted (and even my veggie option was half-decent). I had a decent pint and the prices weren't too bad. It's at the arse-end of town and it doesn't look brilliant from the outside but it's a top-notch boozer.

Personally, I still prefer the Nelson or the Evening Star but the missus isn't too fond of them but we'll definitely go to the World's End again.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Went to the World's End last week and was impressed. Mrs G said the ribs were the best she'd tasted (and even my veggie option was half-decent). I had a decent pint and the prices weren't too bad. It's at the arse-end of town and it doesn't look brilliant from the outside but it's a top-notch boozer.

Personally, I still prefer the Nelson or the Evening Star but the missus isn't too fond of them but we'll definitely go to the World's End again.

The Worlds end food is top notch, however go in at the wrong time of the day and it is inhabited by the overflow from the Branch just along the road!!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
On my rare forays to the bright lights I like the Nelson or the Great Eastern. Often meet some pals in the Duke of Wellington too, not a bad place, landlord is a top bloke.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Best pub around, in fact I'm heading down there this avo.....

4b9ed398dd96faab35346e71d7319b80.jpg

....for a loaf and some eggs

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Really, that looks like the sort of place that if you went in there and you weren't known to them then they barman would happily piss in your pint.

i lived opposite the lion and lobster for years and thought it was full of muppets then. its the sort of place that brings polly samson and dave gilmour to brighton.

mention the seafield and everyone gets all sniffy! you couldnt make it up. this will be a long list of grays basketmakers lion and lobster etc etc. fucks sake.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
i lived opposite the lion and lobster for years and thought it was full of muppets then. its the sort of place that brings polly samson and dave gilmour to brighton.

mention the seafield and everyone gets all sniffy! you couldnt make it up. this will be a long list of grays basketmakers lion and lobster etc etc. fucks sake.

Yes, yes, yes - you don't like Brighton. We heard you first time...

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
the spread eagle could not be beat once upon a time. you could have set a sitcom in that place quite easily.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Worlds end food is top notch, however go in at the wrong time of the day and it is inhabited by the overflow from the Branch just along the road!!

It was full of students the night I went. There was also a truly shocking pub band there - something for everyone.

The Hobgoblin seemed nicely fixed up, when I went there last year.
The Caroline of Brunswick by The Level is a bit eclectic but can be cool.

Lion and Lobster is a good one though, the food isn't bad at all.
The Bees is good for a bit of music now and then - but a bastard to move around in and get to the bar.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Last time I saw it was being gutted. What is it now, another supermarket?

A Co-Op.

I went in there once to watch England vs Georgia in the 2003 RWC - never again. I think it was called the Litter Tray or something similar.

It was a last resort. Rule of thumb, avoid places that offer special deals on WKD.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A Co-Op.

I went in there once to watch England vs Georgia in the 2003 RWC - never again. I think it was called the Litter Tray or something similar.

It was a last resort. Rule of thumb, avoid places that offer special deals on WKD.

That's good advice BoF - I don't think you can go far wrong with that.

As for the Litter Tray -does anyone remember The Dog Tray, the bizarrely named pub at the bottom of Edward St? What was that about?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here