Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Obscure Memory of Withdean Stadium

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That own goal where our keeper (Mark Walton?) whacked it at our centre-half's arse. I think it was Andy Crosby's arse.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And Danny Cullip's home debut against Chester. In the first half, he was WANK. Second half, he looked a different player. It turns out he was more often than not like the second half version. :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The RIDICULOUS Himshelwood own goal, on boxing day....

Yeah - Happy Bloody Christmas to you, too, Adam.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Craig Brown turnin purple, invading the pitch, kicking the dugout, and getting sacked the next day.

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
Singing in the rain after Swindon play off game: Tommy Mooney "Hit the bar hit the bar" and he did, loved that.

The RIDICULOUS Himshelwood own goal, on boxing day....

Yeah - Happy Bloody Christmas to you, too, Adam.

That will be this

Tho the Hawks is pretty decent [video]http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=adam%20hinshelwood%20own%20g oal%20withdean&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=vid:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=wv[/video]

Last edited:

Rainy evening match when I was visiting from the US -

FDM got sent off to a near-riotous reaction from the stands, and we won ... I think 4-2.
There was an incredible atmosphere, and all I'd ever heard about Withdean was the lack of it!

Harty had me at the mic post-game to comment on the preceedings too, which was BOUND to make it a wonderful evening for radio listeners :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Adam Rooney's hat-trick for Stoke City being warmly applauded by a seriously pissed off home crowd.

We were chanting we want 5 when they had scored their 4th. Stoke fans cheering wildly when Loft got a consolation goal for us.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Seeing Fabrizio Ravenelli warm up for Derby as a sub, thinking "i had my school sports day here too"
Twas a grim day and to cap it all Kerry Mayo got a late winner for us.

Mine is losing 4-3 to Rochdale in the pissing rain on a Friday night just before Christmas. Aspinall played for us, looking like a pub landlord who'd just happened to bring his boots along. The conditions were awful, the players were awful, we lost, yet somehow the game was one of the most entertaining I have ever seen. 7 goals, loads of chances at both ends and plenty of comedy moments to boot

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Hundreds of Albion fans running back into the ground when Virgo equalised against Swindon.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Wendy Toms falling over the sandpit backwards when running the line on a very cold boxing day and squealing at the Ref, it was too dangerous to carry on.

Who said it was a mans game Andy?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
A cold wet night against Boston in the LDV cup I think it was "LINO.....LINO......LIIIINOOOOO" :thumbsup:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Scotty Mac eating this

food.jpg

Attilla playing "We are the Champions" by Queen twice in succession "because he could" after the Chesterfield Champions game. He sounded, understandably, a bit emotional.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Playing Gillingham in an evening game, and having pretty much all weather imaginable during the 90 mins

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
Prosser and Sheffield United

Nathan Jones step over fooling the Leyton Orient defender and Jones standing with his hands on his hips whenthe defender eventually turned back round

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Seb Carole on his 3rd? comeback, when the ball went in the air, and he caught it on his foot, held it for about 5 seconds before probably kicking the ball straight off the pitch

Phil Stant socring against us and running to the west bank behind the goal pretending to look for fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here