Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Obscure Memory of Withdean Stadium

D

Deleted User X18H

Steve Gritts standing ovation when he came out just little bit early, as Millwall assitant manager. Even an old cynic like me fought one back.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The funniest minute silences I ever saw were both at Withdean.

Can't decide top spot between:

a) Gully joining in with the players and officials in the centre circle, beak bowed, wings clasped, attempting to look as solemn as a bloke in a seven foot seagull suit can look

and

b) the minute silence that was immaculately observed - you could hear the proverbial PIN drop - apart from a 60 second furious bellow of 'PRO-GRAMMES! PRO-GRAMMES!'

Laugh? I nearly shook my shoulders clean off :lolol:

Last edited:

wag chaser

Feb 18, 2009
Confession time. " Rocket man " was never responsible for the alleged fire in the south stand block d.
It was a well timed smoke bomb dropped under the seat in front of us. Before anyone asks it was not me
but it did get mt photo in the argus

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
The funniest minute silences I ever saw were both at Withdean.

Can't decide top spot between:

a) Gully joining in with the players and officials in the centre circle, beak bowed, wings clasped, attempting to look as solemn as a bloke in a seven foot seagull suit can look

and

b) the minute silence that was immaculately observed - you could hear the proverbial PIN drop - apart from a 60 second furious bellow of 'PRO-GRAMMES! PRO-GRAMMES!'

Laugh? I nearly shook my shoulders clean off :lolol:

This is f***ing priceless - both of them!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Funniest Rocket Man memory was v Cardiff when we had the temerity to score against them earlydoors to take a 1-0 lead. Almost immediately, something landed on the pitch by the Singing Section. Totally freaked out, the guy in front of me sort of half-screamed. 'SHIT! They're firing ARROWS at us!' :ohmy:. He only calmed down when it was removed by a steward and he realised it was the stick of Rocket Man's, er, rocket, that had fell to earth :lol:

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
in our first promotion season when cheltenham came down and i remember us all over them winning 3-0 with zamora and watson scoring i think!, at this time the petrol prices were on the up and to hear 'what a waste of petrol, what a waste of petrol' had us in stitches

Oct 2, 2008
The early years of H block with Krispies leading the singing. Usually arrived late , immediately took his jacket off (no matter what the weather) and let rip. That replica shirt of his with the peeling letters really ought to go in the Falmer museum. The guy is an absolute legend.:lol::lol::lol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The early years of H block with Krispies leading the singing. Usually arrived late , immediately took his jacket off (no matter what the weather) and let rip. That replica shirt of his with the peeling letters really ought to go in the Falmer museum.

I think all the letters may have bitten the dust by now. But at one point it used to read 'I PI S' :lol:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
The bloke I used to sit next to in E block.We are playing Orient. Orient player can't control the ball and it goes out for a throw. He stands up and shouts 'HAHA, unlucky...'
He pauses, checks the players name. It's Tamika Mkandawire. Does this stop him? Oh no. He finishes his sentance by shouting BLACKMAN.

I lost it, tears of laughter. :lolol:

Lee from H block has given me so many moments of pure joy.
He once showed me a picture of 'sum bird he'd fuked.' She was about 50 around the 20 Stone mark and fingering herself. :sick:
His 'EDF flag, propa racist'
When he claimed he shagged his cousin.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
This goal celebration. (Dean Cox looks like a frigging hobbit)
weedance.jpg

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
the Player of the Year presentations - tressle table carried along the running track, assembled (eventually) by the Chuckle Brothers (ball boy stewards), Martin Perry and Samrah. PA system doesn't work so they have to shout to King Bobby who then looks rather bemused when presented with a small Alba portable TV (in a box).

stewards and police chasing gate crashers up and down the banks between the west and south stands

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here