• Blackthorn

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Stowford Press

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Thatchers

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Gaymers

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Pear (Koppaburg, Bulmers St Heliers etc)

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Westons

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Diamond White or similar tramp juice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 17 18.3%

• Total voters

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Hate to disappoint a few on here, but Merrydown upped sticks and moved to Surrey a few years back. I also think they stopped using Sussex/Kent apples at the same time.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I was hooked on Rekorderlig (Rekorderlig Cider) when it was on offer at £1 a bottle, now I can't find it anywhere. It tastes like Russet apples and is gorgeous. Went to a beer festival where they were selling whisky vat matured cider at 13%. It was gorgeous but I think 13% was a conservative estimate!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I used to drink Magners by the bucketload but then i went to Ireland in May & had the real deal out there. The stuff they serve over here pails in comparrison

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing
Is the correct answer although my sweet tooth means I'll lose the Thatchers Katy and have Thatchers Cox's instead.

If you're in a supermarket which sells thatchers Katy and Cox's try one of each and then buy two bottles of Thatchers Special Reserve as well - really nice.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I was hooked on Rekorderlig (Rekorderlig Cider) when it was on offer at £1 a bottle, now I can't find it anywhere. It tastes like Russet apples and is gorgeous. Went to a beer festival where they were selling whisky vat matured cider at 13%. It was gorgeous but I think 13% was a conservative estimate!

Same, they had in on offer in Sainsburys but it just disappeared. Lovely stuff though, but I have since seen it in a pub ONCE since in Haywards Heath.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
I was lucky enough to live about a mile from Denis Gwatkins farm (last year's Champion British Cidermaker) so one of his Yarlington Mill or Kingston Black for me. Other than that, Ross Cider or Gwynt y Ddraig.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I actually despise Strongbow. Can feel your teeth rotting with every mouthful!

Have had a few Westons Organic still ciders recently which went down rather easily. Can't say I have a favourite though

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
How can they call it pear cider? I thought cider was made from apples and perry was made from pears?

I belive that rather than being made entirely from pears, it is an apple cider base flavoured with pear.

Have to say i don't really get on with cider much, but have had some ok stuff in Normandy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here