• Blackthorn

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Stowford Press

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Thatchers

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Gaymers

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Pear (Koppaburg, Bulmers St Heliers etc)

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Westons

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Diamond White or similar tramp juice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 17 18.3%

• Total voters

Oct 25, 2003
magners and bulmers are incredibly overrated, theres a reason why they only taste nice when accompanied by a shit load of ice

strongbow is pretty fowl

only cider i really like is the flat, cloudy stuff:)

Anybody remember Bob Luck Vintage Cider?

It was so strong that they had to stop selling it as cider and rebrand it as apple wine.

It never had the same effect from a wine glass as it did when drunk from a pint pot.

Living with Middle Farm just over the garden fence, I usually go for the particular variety of Thatcher's that takes my fancy when I nip in for a free tasting.

For people going to the Lewes game tomorrow ... the Black Rat in the Gardeners Arms is highly recommended. Another Thatcher's product, if I'm not mistaken - but from their Wiltshire establishment.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
anyone who thinks strongbow is a good cider is a PHILISTINE

merrydown is delightful, and i ADORE westons perry, organic and old rosey. a cider is not a cider unless it weighs in at over 6.5%

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Another vote for Aspalls here, Addlestones is rather pleasant, and as mentioned anyone in lewes who appreciates cider should try the Black rat.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I do not drink Cider very often but my wife has always maintained that if a person drinks cider all of the time they invariably smell of cider when they sweat and it doesnt matter how many showers or baths they have, it gets in their system and the smell comes out via their sweat.

So that's why I find Mr Apples so attractive:laugh:

In pubs I will drink Addlestones or Stowford press and if I have someone to carry me home I will drink Weston's Organic

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
All of those are, frankly, absolute shite.

Aspall Premier Cru, Westons Organic or Thatchers Katy for me.

Is the correct answer although my sweet tooth means I'll lose the Thatchers Katy and have Thatchers Cox's instead.

Westons Old Rosie is beautiful as well but tends to make your central nervous system shut down.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Wow, those ciders listed are RANCID and should not allowed to be called ciders! Like others have said on this thread, if its cider you want it has to be flat and cloudy. I go to middle farm for my cider and usually end up with a nice big bottle of Kingston Black, amongst one or two others that got me taste buds doin the konga!!! :drunk:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Living with Middle Farm just over the garden fence, I usually go for the particular variety of Thatcher's that takes my fancy when I nip in for a free tasting.

You have to be a bit careful drinking Thatchers cider it gives you rubber leg syndrome, Last time I spent an evening drinking drinking it in a pub I ended up collapsed in a bush on the way home. Lost my kebab as well.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Had a really scrummy medium cider from Pump Bottom Farm, over Chichester way, at the Brighton Kite Festival last weekend :thumbsup:

Nothing beats the joys of Westons black bottle vintage tho eh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here