Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favorite but obscure Tele programmme from when you were young....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Does anyone remember a program called (I think) Cover Up or Cover Story or summat... the theme tune was "holding on for a hero".... If memory serves there was a Doris who was a reporter and some fella who did all her dirty work along side... it was pulled eventually, and the rumour was that the bloke had killed himself playing Russian Roulette....:shrug:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Rainbow :clap2: :clap2:
_38193825_rain_300.jpg

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
cant remember the programme name but it had a deaf & dumb mermaid on it who had a theme song

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
the wanderbus said:
cant remember the programme name but it had a deaf & dumb mermaid on it who had a theme song

Stingray with Troy Tempest, the Marmaid was called marina

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
mid-life Crisis at the madejski said:
Anyone remember Marine Boy ( 1970 on at around 6 o/clock on a Friday )

:clap2:

I could never get the Oxy-Gum to work when I tried it. I used to have to keep coming up to the surface to breathe.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
The Potter's Wheel interlude.

It was in black and white, and in those days my folks would put a shilling in the gas meter to keep the nine- inch screen tele going. Later the magnifier on the front was a great improvement, and by then the tv worked off of electricity.

Doug remembers those days.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Glad to know I'm not the nly one to remember Marine Boy for years I thought it was a programme that I must have imagined.

For obscure though it must be the one season wonder that is Holmes and Yoyo - one of the strangest detective partnerships in the business.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Muffin the Mule

We Yanks call it 'Floggin' the Dolphin' or Chokin' the Chicken'. This is a new one.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Binney_on_acid said:
Am I the only one who remembers 'The Owl Service'? Now that really was weird!

No, I remember it well. Terrific book too, Alan Garner was one of the best kids' writers going. It was loosely based on the legend of Blodeuwedd from the Mabinogion.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Round the Twist!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here