Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favorite but obscure Tele programmme from when you were young....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Anyone remember a mid-eighties Childrens ITV serial, based around a small english villiage about witchcraft and midsummer.

It had stuff like gargoyles heads coming to life in the village church, and other EQUALLY scary things.

Cant for the life of me remember what is was called.

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
KinkyNormanBaker said:
city of gold

Classic!!! Loved that.
When I was a proper nipper, I always liked Jamie and the Magic Torch. Saw a bit of it again on a "100 Greatest..." programme, and it looked well mental!

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Re: favourite Tele programmes

Billy in Bristol said:
Tales of The Gold Monkey

An Indiana Jones type adventure with a cigar chomping Airplane pilot going round the South Seas for some reason, mainly bagging stranded American women from baddies.

And I am sure there was a pet monkey involved (as if the title didn't give me enough of a clue).

The bloke ended up in the first Star Trek movie, the monkey ended up in Friends, and I must get round to seeing if its on DVD!

I am still getting Mr Benn flashbacks from watching Eastenders!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What a programme, also loved The Adventure Game, Manimal and that schools programme with Dark Towers and The Boy From Space on. My absolute favourite though, was Day of the Triffids, which I now own :clap2:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
dougdeep said:
The Woodentops.
Woodentops_Titles.jpeg

Brilliant

Andy Pandy and the original Bill and Ben :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Shegull said:
Brilliant

Andy Pandy and the original Bill and Ben :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

You're showing your age. :lolol:
_700108_band_150.jpg

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Shegull said:
:eek: :eek: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no please nooooooooooooooooooooo

The words of a mother who was forced to sit watching the Network Two clock for HOURS before Bosco came on, I take it :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Shegull said:
:eek: :eek: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no please nooooooooooooooooooooo

Bosco.jpg

oh .yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

tricky said:
Nosy bonk - that guy in a suit with a mask with a giant nose on it..................actually what am I saying nosy bonk always use to freak the shit out of me.

The great Jigsaw!

noseybonk.jpg

title-09.jpg

title-10.jpg

ep22.jpg

ep12.jpg

And scare yourself shitless with the great man himself!!

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/extrastorage/jigsaw/noseybonk.rm

I still remember the music! :clap2: :clap2:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/extrastorage/jigsaw/a hippo called hubert.rm

And the title sequence :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/titles/jigsaw.shtml

Last edited:

Also - Make it Count with Fred Harris and his giant calculator. It was aimed an innumerate adults but was ideal for me as a young kid as well - probably why I was so good with maths. Fred Harris kicks ass!

fredharris2.jpg

Also - Fun House with Pat Sharp - I wasn't that young but the music is outstanding sax work!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I used to like The Little World of Don Camillo. Its so obscure, I'm not even sure if I just dreamed it or not.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
When I was really young I loved Noggin the Nog.

When I was bit older, my favourite was a mystery series called Ace of Wands with a magician as a detective. It's long-forgotten now but I can still remember the theme music and his pet owl Ozymandias.

And there's Catweazle of course: he was my early style guru.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here