Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fathers Day - what did you get YOUR dad ?

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
A ticket for The Specials.

Can't wait to get the old man tipsy and witness him relive his youth! Should be a corker!

Good lad, I really don't expect anything from my children and don't think father's day is important but something like that at any time of year is spot on. :thumbsup:

My Dad is dead but I think of him constantly, was a good time to phone my Mum and just remember him together.

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
I've been quite shocked by what several people have said about their fathers on this thread. Some no doubt are in jest, but to the others I say this; whatever issues you have with your father, get them sorted now; Sunday would be a good opportunity. If you don't, you may spend the rest of your life regretting it.

As much as I'd love to agree with you Notts, sometimes it's just not that easy, for what my dad did to my mum and my family.
Besides, i haven't seen or heard from my dad for just over 7 years now, not even a Christmas or birthday card, i don't know where he is or how to contact him, yet he knows where i live, phone numbers etc yet doesn't contact me so as far as i'm concerned he can go **** himself, and i'm sure the others on this thread who feel the same way bout their fathers have probably had smiler experiences.

Very sorry to hear bout your dad though. :(

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I feel bad now as I didn't head back to Brighton today, seeing as everyone seems to be talking about Fathers Day, but then again it isn't really my Dad's thing.

I found out I got a 1st in my degree earlier in the week, so I think that was a good present for him :blush:

We don't DO Father's Day in the Bracknell Posse. It's not a lack of appreciation, more a determination not to be caught up in yet another marketing scam.
... although my daughter is at this very minute pushing a bike up Ditchling Beacon - so determined is she to see her old man on Father's Day.

Meanwhile, I'm contemplating whether to get my arse into gear and tootle off to Brighton to meet her.

I'll have to miss the Grand Prix, of course. Kids can be soooo SELFISH.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I feel bad now as I didn't head back to Brighton today, seeing as everyone seems to be talking about Fathers Day, but then again it isn't really my Dad's thing.

I found out I got a 1st in my degree earlier in the week, so I think that was a good present for him :blush:

Swot punish:

(From a jealous Desmond holder!) :lol:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
... although my daughter is at this very minute pushing a bike up Ditchling Beacon - so determined is she to see her old man on Father's Day.

Meanwhile, I'm contemplating whether to get my arse into gear and tootle off to Brighton to meet her.

I'll have to miss the Grand Prix, of course. Kids can be soooo SELFISH.

IS Roz your daughter?

(Sorry if I misread it - I'm feeling abit worse for wear)

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Too right, and if it's too big for your old man then send it on over!

My 1st ben cost me 60/- which, for you youngsters, translates to £3.00. It was a slim-fit (ha ha!) red & white small checks. Very smart.

Fits perfect.:thumbsup:

My dad said his first Ben Sherman cost him £1.99 in 1970.:eek::lolol:

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
When I was a teenager, the old dear bought me 3 x Fred Perry polo shirts from a catalogue @ 3 for £10...

What are they now? £60 a pop (and made in fu*king China no less!) :rant:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

That's better.:wozza:

I think you probably mean £1 19s 11d.

I bought my first Ben Sherman shirt in 1967.

Yeah, I think he had to 'translate' it for me. But still, sounds too cheap.:drool:

When I was a teenager, the old dear bought me 3 x Fred Perry polo shirts from a catalogue @ 3 for £10...

What are they now? £60 a pop (and made in fu*king China no less!) :rant:

I get mine from Gunwharf Quays (Portsmouth Harbour) for £28. I bought a bottle green one from there, last week and it was 'MADE IN PORTUGAL':down:.

But if you want an original, oringinal. You can get them in Jump The Gun (Gardner Street) for around £45. They're obviously 'MADE IN ENGLAND'.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I bought my "originals" from the factory. Over the top of the old Burtons at the top of west street. :smokin:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I feel sorry most of all for Glenn Murray's child, who will grow up in the knowledge that their father is a lazy useless c'unt who doesn't know the offside rule and insists on scoring one goal every other game......and selfishly put seeing his kid above the adoration of so many even tempered and rational fans.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I feel sorry most of all for Glenn Murray's child, who will grow up in the knowledge that their father is a lazy useless c'unt who doesn't know the offside rule and insists on scoring one goal every other game......and selfishly put seeing his kid above the adoration of so many even tempered and rational fans.

THPP :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here