Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fathers Day - what did you get YOUR dad ?

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
A play.com voucher which doubled up as a father's day card!

Crap excuse but I've been so busy I forgot and he's a sucker for cheap dvd's :lol:

I was in Asda this evening and noticed one aisle was particularly crowded. Took a slight detour to investigate; it was the card section. I then realised it was fathers' day again tomorrow. Stood there staring at them for several seconds, then sadly turned away. You see, Dad died in 1985 when I was just 26. Thing is, I never told him I loved him. Not once in his life. I was planning to do so the next time I visited him, but the cancer beat me to it.
I've been quite shocked by what several people have said about their fathers on this thread. Some no doubt are in jest, but to the others I say this; whatever issues you have with your father, get them sorted now; Sunday would be a good opportunity. If you don't, you may spend the rest of your life regretting it.

20071223142859.jpg

Happy Feckin' Fathers Day, you miserable old git. :D

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
Nothing. Don't know where is he and haven't seen him in 7 years, but to be honest if i ever saw the :censored: again it would be too soon. :angry:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
From what I can tell, Father's Day was invented as a marketing gimmick - a gap in the market filled by the card manufacturers and gift makers. It's an un-needed contrivance in my view.

I tell my two lovely teenage children that a hug would be sufficient, and ideally they'd do that every time they think well of me and not just on Father's Day.

Frankly, that suits them too because they can keep what little cash they have to spend on something they would like.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
couple of pints :thumbsup:

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
A ticket for The Specials.

Can't wait to get the old man tipsy and witness him relive his youth! Should be a corker!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I've been quite shocked by what several people have said about their fathers on this thread. Some no doubt are in jest, but to the others I say this; whatever issues you have with your father, get them sorted now; Sunday would be a good opportunity. If you don't, you may spend the rest of your life regretting it.

Know what u mean, Mike and the Mechanics and all that, but you can't manufacture something that's never been there. Never bother with Father's Day myself.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
From what I can tell, Father's Day was invented as a marketing gimmick - a gap in the market filled by the card manufacturers and gift makers. It's an un-needed contrivance in my view.

Completely agree - having said that some people need a kick up the arse when it comes to family. Its too easy to just walk away these days - harder to make the effort to understand your parents and why they do what they do, good or bad.

My Dad is on the other side of the world (and not fathers day there) but he's a good Dad - pain in the bum and difficult to talk to but he's my Dad so I make an effort.

Zef's Dad died from cancer a few years ago, Zef didn't really know him til too late, when they finally let by gones be bygones, they didn't really have enough time left....sad really!

Dads day is as commercial as it gets - but have a think about your Dad today - you only have one - wanker or not (and in my case definiately not) - he's your Dad!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You see, Dad died in 1985 when I was just 26. Thing is, I never told him I loved him. Not once in his life. I was planning to do so the next time I visited him, but the cancer beat me to it.

Sounds very familiar. My dad died from cancer too, in the RAFA hospice in Storrington, and each time I visited him I vowed I would tell him I loved him next time I visited. Never got round to it somehow. It's very difficult to tell a big brash yorkshireman you love him. In his own immitable way he would probably have responded with something along lines of "Oh bugger off yer bloody great poof"

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
As he's getting on a bit, I bought him a nice chair...

I've just got to find somewhere to plug it in ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here