Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Piglets Pantry - You'll Be Disappointed With That Amex Xmas Pie

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
How can they keep running out! If they order 5,000 chicken and ham pies for each game and they sell out by 2.10 then why on earth don't they order 6,000 or so. Ridiculous organisation.

Do you know know - before you get to the ground - exactly which pie you're going to have, every single time?

And they don't 'sell out' by 2.10.

Incidentally, the Christmas pie order was always a 'limited edition' pie - and will be for the Southampton game.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
There is an issue with distribution still. For the Forest game there were no pies at all at 1:45pm in the North Stand west corner. Yesterday in Dick's at the same time the Xmas pies had already sold out already but the others were available.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
dont often want a pie as i eat at pub before i arrive, but yesterday did wish to munch... alas SOLD OUT of all pies in the servery i was in a slow queue at by 2.30pm. sigh! the gamble did not pay off, so along with others, i ate my nails whilst watching the action unfold on the pitch.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
I love the pies but the Xmas one was burnt, cold and sitting around for too long. Didn't take it back cos I only realised once the game had started!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I love the pies but the Xmas one was burnt, cold and sitting around for too long. Didn't take it back cos I only realised once the game had started!
That's the authentic Xmas experience in our house

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
After reading these comments I'm glad they had sold out of Xmas pies!!!

I had a steak and ale pie but it was barely warm, however I was a bit later in the ground than normal so I'll putti down to it being sat there an extra half hour - for the first time though I had massive pieces of mushroom in there - haven't noticed that before!!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
My Balti Pie was barely warm yesterday.

Poor effort.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
I have a lot of goodwill towards Piglets and have been generally really impressed but things seem to be getting worse.

Two games in a row now I have waited in a queue (East Stand) for 15 mins from around 2:30 only to find no steak or chicken pies left or hot choccie. Yesterday it looked like it was only veg left but then they discovered they were not veg but the Xmas special. Get to my seat to open up a cold, burnt and shabby excuse for a pie. I went back after the game to have a beer and hot choccie for the kiddies - no hot choccie but loads of pies that no one was buying. It surely isn't that hard to envisage a demand pre-game for pies on a 3pm KO, nor that colder days are going to drive sales of hot choccie, especially in a stand where there are more kids.

I don't know what the problems are but I am sure there is no learning going on as things don't seem to be improving. I wish Piglets nothing but success but I really hope things do improve.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I don't know what the problems are but I am sure there is no learning going on as things don't seem to be improving. I wish Piglets nothing but success but I really hope things do improve.

I believe your criticisms are more related to the caterers rather than Piglets who, I believe, only supply the pies.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's a perrenial problem with anything Brighton, the town tries to act like a big league city but fails at everything except charging it's residents big city prices to live, eat shit and breathe. Get a proper f***ing catering company in and stop f***ing about. Christ.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have a lot of goodwill towards Piglets and have been generally really impressed but things seem to be getting worse.

I'm thinking the big Co-Op order may have taken Piglets eye off the ball a wee bit as regards the Amex. Maybe they now got bigger fish to fry or stuffing to stuff. Hope not because their pie experience is generally quality. Skimping bigtime on the turkey in the Xmas pie was a bit rubbish tho. Reckon most people felt, like me, a tad cheated. When you have so little turkey in yer Xmas pie that you genuinely feel you've been accidentally mis-sold the veggie option, then there's going to be a few eyebrows raised. Like these ones for example... ??? ???

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Two games in a row now I have waited in a queue (East Stand) for 15 mins from around 2:30 only to find no steak or chicken pies left or hot choccie. Yesterday it looked like it was only veg left but then they discovered they were not veg but the Xmas special. Get to my seat to open up a cold, burnt and shabby excuse for a pie. I went back after the game to have a beer and hot choccie for the kiddies - no hot choccie but loads of pies that no one was buying. It surely isn't that hard to envisage a demand pre-game for pies on a 3pm KO, nor that colder days are going to drive sales of hot choccie, especially in a stand where there are more kids.

Seriously what has any of that got to do with piglets ???

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Who is responsible for ordering the right amount of stock? Who is responsible for the on site cooking? Who is responsible for putting the right food in the right box?

The answer to all of these questions is Azure - not Piglets. Their catering manager is the one who should be considering new career opportunities. Any business needs to ensure that their stock control is good. If the pies are all selling out well before kick off, let alone the end of the game, then how much income is being lost? If the food is not being cooked properly, this is a quality control issue that needs to be addressed by the caterers, although I'm sure Piglet's would appreciate some constructive feedback so that they can also make sure Azure know about the problem. 'Pie roulette' is happening far too often as at the last two matches mates of mine have not been given the food that they ordered. I can just about understand that someone might on the odd occasion mix up a batch of pies but not that often. However, mixing up pies and burgers is just amatuerish.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Who is responsible for putting the right food in the right box?

That IMHO is the crappiest thing of all. It demonstrates a Don't Give A Shit About The End Customer attitude. Whoever does that is completely disconnected from the customer and might as well take a dump in the pie. Try doing that to the Co-op and see what happens. Frankly if Piglets can't put the right pies in the right boxes then they got no hope. They might think they're only serving no-mark random fans. In which case they made a serious error of judgement. These particular fans bite back and are perfectly capable of costing a company a major contract. Only solution is to take every mis-sold pie back and hit them in the pocket. Not the biggest of deals on a personal level. But on another level its a major metric on how the contractor should be judged at contract renewal time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here