Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Piglets Pantry - You'll Be Disappointed With That Amex Xmas Pie

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I tried to get myself a Christmas Pie at about 2:20, but they'd sold out so I settled for a Balti pie.
These Balti pies are getting better and better every week! Great effort Piglet's Pantry.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Was very disappointed , found no turkey in mine, thought it had been ground to a puree as the the contents were very mushy with no pieces in it.
Was very much looking forward to it but felt let down and wished i had stuck with the chicken & ham.

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
Had my usual steak pie, very disappointed ... for the first time, i must add, cold with NO filling. Sure just a blip, thanks Pigglets

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Also FAO Piglets Pantry.

I hung up my little wooden fork today!

I love your pies but I am sick and tired of waiting 20 minutes in line and being told 'we are sold out of Balti' and then 'we are also sold out of chicken' every time without fail at whatever time I ask for one in the WSU.

It's not the fault of the young staff serving as they do a great job in my opinion! It's the managers who still can't get the supply right after how many games now? I will be getting my match-day lunch somewhere else from now on. Enough is Enough!

Do people not realise its the joke of a catering company that is at fault not the pie company.

D

Deleted member 2719

Every company get's it wrong sometimes.

But all companies have to take cock ups on the chin every now and again.

So my message to piglets is stop being so greedy and get your house in order now.

:rant::rant::rant:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Ignoring quality issues (i've not had a bad pie yet) its azure who are the biggest letdown and its them who should be kicked out

not what ive been told by a supplier to them,its like the blind leading the blind,totaly out of their depth,cant produce enough pies,thats a fact,shame as they earned their right ,but clearly cant cope.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
not what ive been told by a supplier to them,its like the blind leading the blind,totaly out of their depth,cant produce enough pies,thats a fact,shame as they earned their right ,but clearly cant cope.

They ordered an extra 1500 pies on WEDNESDAY and the order was still met in time. Only once was the order not met and that was over 2 months ago, so the supplier you heard that from doesn't know as much as they lead on too.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Christmas Pies were all sold out in the North at 2.05 when I tried to get one. If they had been sold out at half time I could maybe understand it but to be sold out before the bulk of the crowd has even arrived seems very poor planning.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Was very disappointed , found no turkey in mine, thought it had been ground to a puree as the the contents were very mushy with no pieces in it.
Was very much looking forward to it but felt let down and wished i had stuck with the chicken & ham.

You would moan if you won the lottery, you grumpy old git.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Every week we have a smidgeon under 20,000 punters. It really shouldn't be THAT difficult to cater for them by now.

Should it ?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I think the problem was that most wanted to try the Xmas pie instead of their usual therefore an imbalance of demand I enjoyed my Xmas pie but the pastry was a little dry and crusty but I don't think that was in the making just the fact it had stood for a while. If you really want a pie and nothing else matters get there before 2 always plenty then in the east and minimal queues.

That said I do have my first complaint on the catering but I think it was more down to an individual, they have reduced the Harvey's minibars down to 1 in the east stand but about 45 mins to kick off the lad serving just did a runner (I dont think he was made for service industry) leaving no Harvey's minibars working in the east stand.

D

Deleted member 18477

How can they keep running out! If they order 5,000 chicken and ham pies for each game and they sell out by 2.10 then why on earth don't they order 6,000 or so. Ridiculous organisation. The pies are very good however! Had my first one yesterday as its Xmas time! Gunna treat myself to another for the Southampton game and then the healthy eating starts again :(!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I really do not understand the Pie roulette that is played each time, it cannot be THAT difficult to put the pies in the right place. Mendoza wanted a Christmas pie yesterday but was told they were sold out, so he ordered a steak instead, open the box- Christmas pie. Pie rouleeeeeeetttteeeee.

I really do not understand the Pie roulette that is played each time, it cannot be THAT difficult to put the pies in the right place. Mendoza wanted a Christmas pie yesterday but was told they were sold out, so he ordered a steak instead, open the box- Christmas pie. Pie rouleeeeeeetttteeeee.

Sounds familiar, I ordered a pie before the game, sold out. I ordered one at half time, sold out, made do with a burger, opened the box, Veggie Pie....!!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Balti before the game, Xmas at half time. I think the Xmas would be better without the stuffing ie just turkey and cranberry.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My son got a Xmas pie at half time and i have to say it was a little disappointing, particularly since the two baltis we had before the game were excellent.

We have never had a problem getting pies at any time before, at half time or after the game and have always had good pies (turkey, steak and balti). Had a couple of problems with Harveys in the first couple of months, but none since. I put this down to the fact that we are in the north stand and it's obvious that the club put the catering for the uber fans as a higher priority than the prawn sandwich brigade :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here