Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Piglets Pantry - You'll Be Disappointed With That Amex Xmas Pie

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
That IMHO is the crappiest thing of all. It demonstrates a Don't Give A Shit About The End Customer attitude. Whoever does that is completely disconnected from the customer and might as well take a dump in the pie. Try doing that to the Co-op and see what happens. Frankly if Piglets can't put the right pies in the right boxes then they got no hope. They might think they're only serving no-mark random fans. In which case they made a serious error of judgement. These particular fans bite back and are perfectly capable of costing a company a major contract. Only solution is to take every mis-sold pie back and hit them in the pocket. Not the biggest of deals on a personal level. But on another level its a major metric on how the contractor should be judged at contract renewal time.

:facepalm: These aren't microwaved pies like you get at other grounds. Piglets provide the pies to be cooked on site. It is the Azure staff who put them in the ovens and then, after they have been cooked, put them in the boxes - not Piglets. Did you think that they are cooked in the box?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Do you know know - before you get to the ground - exactly which pie you're going to have, every single time?

And they don't 'sell out' by 2.10.

Incidentally, the Christmas pie order was always a 'limited edition' pie - and will be for the Southampton game.

Surely limited edition means available for only a limited number of matches, not a limited number of customers!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Who is responsible for ordering the right amount of stock? Who is responsible for the on site cooking? Who is responsible for putting the right food in the right box?

The answer to all of these questions is Azure - not Piglets. Their catering manager is the one who should be considering new career opportunities. Any business needs to ensure that their stock control is good. If the pies are all selling out well before kick off, let alone the end of the game, then how much income is being lost? If the food is not being cooked properly, this is a quality control issue that needs to be addressed by the caterers, although I'm sure Piglet's would appreciate some constructive feedback so that they can also make sure Azure know about the problem. 'Pie roulette' is happening far too often as at the last two matches mates of mine have not been given the food that they ordered. I can just about understand that someone might on the odd occasion mix up a batch of pies but not that often. However, mixing up pies and burgers is just amatuerish.

This , why are Piglets responsible if the pie is burnt , cold , warm or the wrong flavour ?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
If you read the piglets web site you can see they only delivered 8500+ pies, so either as someone said above - this is a limited run (most likely), or Azure didn't order enough or Piglets didn't fulfil the order requested. Thats the first problem... If it were a limited run then the signs around the ordering points should say so.

The second is that the Azure staff cooking them haven't been given enough skill (or motivation) to sort them cook them and box them properly. Granted only half a dozen people on here have complained about the wrong pie and as a percentage of 8500+ that is rather small but, we aren't the entire stadium on here so I do wonder if there is a theme here along the lines of pay peanuts get...

Azure (Elior) got the stadium management contract. They do seem to be a big player in the catering market, but on the face of it the Amex isn't your standard stadium in that we wanted local food and local suppliers, but any multi-national (French) corporate catering conglomerate should be able to organise that? Oui?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
:facepalm: These aren't microwaved pies like you get at other grounds. Piglets provide the pies to be cooked on site. It is the Azure staff who put them in the ovens and then, after they have been cooked, put them in the boxes - not Piglets. Did you think that they are cooked in the box?

Don't know. Don't care.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Well I think the pies are bloody amazing! In fact to my eternal shame yesterday I had two. Pre match chicken and half time beef. Gorgeous pies made by an independant local company - what's not to like?

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
The Pie Roulette of being served the right pie in the right box? These things are not cheap.

If it wasn't for that I would never have discovered the deliciousness of the veggie pie! Life's sometimes better with a few surprises! :)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The Pie Roulette of being served the right pie in the right box? These things are not cheap.

I wish getting the right numbers at roulette was as easy as getting the right pie... I have bought at least 20 pies and not had a single wrong one, or anything other than a hot and delicious one.

Perhaps I should buy a lottery ticket this week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here