Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO fans who are NOT 1901 members

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Following the thread about the 1901 club I thought it would be interesting to get the views of those who want season tickets but not via the 1901 Club.

I for one am starting to get twitchy about it. I have never thought that the 1901 Club was for me, I want to stand with passionate Albion fans and get beer spilt over me at half time in the concourse. But now........

I find that the area I was intending to sit in the East Stand is now taken by the new 1901 seats. And then I hear the rumour that if I don't get a 1901 seat then I probably won't get an away ticket for high profile games.

So I may have to bite the bullet and go for it. Anyone else feeling as though they are being left with no choice?:(

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Theres circa 2k 1901 seats, for a big game e.g. prem cup tie we'll get an allocation of something above 5k in just about all cases, so thats still 3k seats for season ticket holders (at least) the issue will be that we have 10k season ticket holders, so they wont all be promised a ticket, but then they wouldnt be anyway, for me it's not TOO bad, but improvements could be made by adding in a points scheme so thats STHs that also do a lot of away games get priority alongside the 1901ers

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm more worried about not getting a season ticket, if they are allowing currents to buy for them + 4...

D

Deleted User X18H

I'm more worried about not getting a season ticket, if they are allowing currents to buy for them + 4...

Hmm if the current STH all bought 4 tickets thats about 16000 then nearly 3000 1901 and 2500 away seats. Blimey. Thats just a 1000 up for grabs.

Can't see it myself but you never know.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I do think that the current STH being allowed to buy four is a bit over the top. However, it is surely designed to stave off a logistical nightmare when it comes to seating everyone and will be easier with larger groups of people.

I don't know what I will be able to afford when the time comes. Even if I could, I don't think I would be tempted by a 1901 package - it doesn't seem to be the sort of thing that appeals.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
I think everyone who wants a season ticket will be able to get one. I'd be extremely surprised if they sold out.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I for one am looking forward to getting left with the shit seats... My season ticket is getting more and more valueless by the week in terms of getting seats at the Amex.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I doubt that a lot of people buying 1901 tickets are your average away day fan anyway.

Plus if you are already an ST you will be getting a seat at Falmer. Money for the club can only be a good thing if people are willing to pay that much! Not for me though, I can't justify it.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I can't see every season ticket holder buying 4 seats to be honest. 2 of us go, and the most we will get is 3 for the 2 seats we currently have, and even that depends on the price.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I for one am looking forward to getting left with the shit seats... My season ticket is getting more and more valueless by the week in terms of getting seats at the Amex.

I'm sort of with you here. I think the club should give us a seating plan now with the 1901 seats marked so that we can see where we are going to be left with.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Personally I'm not worried. Firstly I have to say that I have absolutely no problem with the 1901 Club, indeed I wish them all the best. Yes some may be corporates who can barely spell football but I've seen enough posts from the likes of Superphil and Giraffe to know that the majority, probably a large majority, are not only long-time Albion fans but also STHs at Withdean. I confidently predict that Falmer will not have the equivalent of Wembley's infamous 'Ring of Indifference' with people more interested in the prawn sandwiches than the football.

Mind you my attitude is probably helped by the fact that I'd made up my mind a while ago that the North Stand was going to be the place for me. I may well get an ST there (I'm not current an STH at Withdean), but if I don't or if they're all sold out then I'll just have to take my chances on a match-by-match basis. In some ways I hope it IS a struggle to get tickets as that'll be even more proof that the club is really moving in the right direction; I think some of us at some depressing times wondered if Falmer was going to be a bit of a less-than-half-full white elephant.

So as long as the 1901 Club don't invade the North Stand I'll be happy!

I doubt that a lot of people buying 1901 tickets are your average away day fan anyway.

Plus if you are already an ST you will be getting a seat at Falmer. Money for the club can only be a good thing if people are willing to pay that much! Not for me though, I can't justify it.

no not the average away fan:facepalm: ok you are allowed to go to the dross away games ,but when a good one pops up you have no chance you damn ruffians:hilton: Could be crawley next year for me beaky???

I prefer to watch my football surrounded by ruffians. From time to time (last Saturday, for example), I buy a North Stand ticket at Withdean. This is a handy way of reminding myself exactly why I will be sitting in the ruffians end at Falmer.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Personally I'm not worried. Firstly I have to say that I have absolutely no problem with the 1901 Club, indeed I wish them all the best. Yes some may be corporates who can barely spell football but I've seen enough posts from the likes of Superphil and Giraffe to know that the majority, probably a large majority, are not only long-time Albion fans but also STHs at Withdean. I confidently predict that Falmer will not have the equivalent of Wembley's infamous 'Ring of Indifference' with people more interested in the prawn sandwiches than the football.

Mind you my attitude is probably helped by the fact that I'd made up my mind a while ago that the North Stand was going to be the place for me. I may well get an ST there (I'm not current an STH at Withdean), but if I don't or if they're all sold out then I'll just have to take my chances on a match-by-match basis. In some ways I hope it IS a struggle to get tickets as that'll be even more proof that the club is really moving in the right direction; I think some of us at some depressing times wondered if Falmer was going to be a bit of a less-than-half-full white elephant.

So as long as the 1901 Club don't invade the North Stand I'll be happy!

to put this into context... the club have now allocated approximately 3,300 seats to their executive 1901 club. the north stand holds approximately 2,700 seats. draw your own conclusions.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I prefer to watch my football surrounded by ruffians. From time to time (last Saturday, for example), I buy a North Stand ticket at Withdean. This is a handy way of reminding myself exactly why I will be sitting in the ruffians end at Falmer.

Exactly. I'm looking forward to being amongst the Amex Ruffians myself :thumbsup:

:amex:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So am I and hopefully we can congregate in the Upper Tier of the West Stand

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
no not the average away fan:facepalm: ok you are allowed to go to the dross away games ,but when a good one pops up you have no chance you damn ruffians:hilton: Could be crawley next year for me beaky???

My point is that most of the people I know who have got 1901 seats, are not the type of fan who travels away very much. That's not including everyone obviously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here