Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO fans who are NOT 1901 members

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
to put this into context... the club have now allocated approximately 3,300 seats to their executive 1901 club. the north stand holds approximately 2,700 seats. draw your own conclusions.

I didn't realise it was as many as that:eek: Maybe most don't/won't travel away but they will all want to go to the Spurs FA Cup game, leaving about 1000 for the rest of us. I can feel my hackles rising

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Personally I'm not worried. Firstly I have to say that I have absolutely no problem with the 1901 Club, indeed I wish them all the best. Yes some may be corporates who can barely spell football but I've seen enough posts from the likes of Superphil and Giraffe to know that the majority, probably a large majority, are not only long-time Albion fans but also STHs at Withdean. I confidently predict that Falmer will not have the equivalent of Wembley's infamous 'Ring of Indifference' with people more interested in the prawn sandwiches than the football.

Mind you my attitude is probably helped by the fact that I'd made up my mind a while ago that the North Stand was going to be the place for me. I may well get an ST there (I'm not current an STH at Withdean), but if I don't or if they're all sold out then I'll just have to take my chances on a match-by-match basis. In some ways I hope it IS a struggle to get tickets as that'll be even more proof that the club is really moving in the right direction; I think some of us at some depressing times wondered if Falmer was going to be a bit of a less-than-half-full white elephant.

So as long as the 1901 Club don't invade the North Stand I'll be happy!

Totally agree Brovion. However, I'm sure someone at the club had previously stated that about 60-70% of the 1901 seats are going to businesses (I'm sure some of those are also fans?) leaving 30-40% that have gone to supporters who've decided, after years of putting up with Shitdean to go all out for comfort etc. I could be wrong but I thought it was more businesses than 'real' fans in the 1901 club?

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
You pay your money you take your choice at the end of the day.

Me, I will be glad just to get a seat anywhere to see my team.

My head says if I could afford it , yes I would like a bit of comfort
My heart says- No you wear your shirt with pride and sing your heart out for your team.

If you could combine the 2 (which it doesn't look like you can, either where your Albion shirt or sing in the 1901 club) that would be perfect.

As to 'Big' away matches, whichever way the club does it will not be perfect for everybody, so all I say is live with it.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
to put this into context... the club have now allocated approximately 3,300 seats to their executive 1901 club. the north stand holds approximately 2,700 seats. draw your own conclusions.

3300? I thought it was around 2000 and then a further 400?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I for one am looking forward to getting left with the shit seats... My season ticket is getting more and more valueless by the week in terms of getting seats at the Amex.

Where are these shit seats you speak of?? Get a grip

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
the shitiest seat at falmer will be TEN times better than the best seat currently at withdean.

i'm not fussed :thumbsup:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
the shitiest seat at falmer will be TEN times better than the best seat currently at withdean.

i'm not fussed :thumbsup:

Enough said:thumbsup:

Bloody hell, another thread of panicking & scaremongering before anybody actually knows anything

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I prefer to watch my football surrounded by ruffians. From time to time (last Saturday, for example), I buy a North Stand ticket at Withdean. This is a handy way of reminding myself exactly why I will be sitting in the ruffians end at Falmer.

Where exactly will 'The Ruffians End' be hon? Don't say anything, but it sounds like another highly marketable (ie profitable) tool to me...

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
some people are getting v emotional about 1901 tickets going to businesses - i dont know but suspect a lot of these businesses ( no doubt local) are actually Albion fans. In London its different the big city firms have corporate boxes and there are likely to be less fans of specific clubs.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
tate_dads_army.jpg

DON'T PANIC

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Enough said:thumbsup:

Bloody hell, another thread of panicking & scaremongering before anybody actually knows anything

Exactly, nobody actually knows anything, unless of course you have your reciept for your 1901 club seat!

Dandyman

In London village.
I have a receipt for the 1901 club.

Dear me, you mean it's going to be full of frightful parvenu eating peas off their knives and discussing property prices.

I have a receipt for the 1901 club.

Really? You've never mentioned it before.

Genuine question - is your life that shit that the only pleasure you get is waving your not particularly large wad of cash in other people's faces? It's just money, even imbeciles can have money. It hasn't bought you class and it quite clearly hasn't bought you happiness. What a sad little man you are in every sense of the words.

D

Deleted User X18H

Really? You've never mentioned it before.

Genuine question - is your life that shit that the only pleasure you get is waving your not particularly large wad of cash in other people's faces? It's just money, even imbeciles can have money. It hasn't bought you class and it quite clearly hasn't bought you happiness. What a sad little man you are in every sense of the words.

The question or remark in this case was suggesting that 1901 members may not have their receipts yet I was merely pointing out that in fact these have been issued.

Simple as that.

Money will not bring you happiness nor love and certainly not health.

And I wish you the very best of health.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here