Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO fans who are NOT 1901 members

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Maybe we should wear red and balck scarfs for all those you don't support the 1901 seats...lol...Like the Man utd, yellow and green scarfs....hee hee

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
to put this into context... the club have now allocated approximately 3,300 seats to their executive 1901 club. the north stand holds approximately 2,700 seats. draw your own conclusions.
I'm not sure what conclusion I'm supposed to draw? That Brighton have got a lot of fans who can afford the 1901 prices?

I'd have a problem if Amex had bought the 3300 best seats and intended to use them to entertain bored visiting American or Japanese businessmen, but we know that isn't the case.

Seagull1967

Aug 8, 2009
Barnsley
My old man and myself bought a 10 year season ticket with the option of being one of the first to select our own seat in the new stadium.

I am a regular fan who went to most away games during the 80's and part of the 90's, my dad 50's and early 60's. We took the option of buying these 1901 seats for the the view and it was good for us and we the love club.

If people are going to be critical of some supports choices then they need to get all the facts first. We are in a lucky position in being able to afford these seats and if we can't go to the home games then our friends will be able to enjoy the clubs hospitality instead.

My old man and I have invested a lot of time and money in to this club and now we are getting the benefits that we are willing to pay.

I still class myself as a real fan and always will do even if those of you think otherwise.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm sort of with you here. I think the club should give us a seating plan now with the 1901 seats marked so that we can see where we are going to be left with.

They already have kind of....

0,,10433~8810554,00.jpg

Just add another 400 of the the other side (which I'm guessing will be slap bang in the middle) and what ever you've got left is what's left!

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Ground holds 22,500. 2500 away fans, 2500 1901 members. This leaves 17,500 seats left. The club hope to sell 15,000 season tickets, which I guess will be at the higher end of expectation. I know current season ticket holders can buy 4, but most family/friends may already have their own.

I'm confident of getting a season ticket - hopefully in my preferred choice of the North Stand, but if not then elsewhere.

As for away games, one of the current attractions of going to away games is that we play in decent stadia - therefore the following we take. That attraction for many next season will be gone, as we will have a decent stadia ourselves. I can only see a problem with away tickets for matches against Crystal Palace (assuming we are in the same league) or if we are drawn against a top Premier side in the Cup.

So I think we need to chill out on that one

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
My old man and myself bought a 10 year season ticket with the option of being one of the first to select our own seat in the new stadium.

I am a regular fan who went to most away games during the 80's and part of the 90's, my dad 50's and early 60's. We took the option of buying these 1901 seats for the the view and it was good for us and we the love club.

If people are going to be critical of some supports choices then they need to get all the facts first. We are in a lucky position in being able to afford these seats and if we can't go to the home games then our friends will be able to enjoy the clubs hospitality instead.

My old man and I have invested a lot of time and money in to this club and now we are getting the benefits that we are willing to pay.

I still class myself as a real fan and always will do even if those of you think otherwise.

I don't think anyone on here is having a pop at anyone who has bought into the 1901 club.

I think the only frustrating aspect is that by adding more in the East Stand, the pricing and details for the rest of the ground have been delayed.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don't think anyone on here is having a pop at anyone who has bought into the 1901 club.

I think the only frustrating aspect is that by adding more in the East Stand, the pricing and details for the rest of the ground have been delayed.

Unfortunately on the other thread there are plenty who are. It's pathetic.

Trying to look at this objectively, it would be interesting to know the approx percentage of 1901 seats taken up by STH's. The Club has intimated it's quite a lot but what's quite a lot? I suspect less than half which would mean 80% of STH's are rightly eager to know what they will get.

It does feel that on balance - your normal STH and former STH's all of whom walked, wrote, voted and gave their utmost for the sake of BHA - are further behind the 'corporates' than they expected to be in terms of getting to know what is going to happen.

This has not been helped by various delays on 'promises' of news re STH's whilst the 1901 Club gets ever more coverage - perhaps a little and swift rebalancing is in order :albion1:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Trying to look at this objectively, it would be interesting to know the approx percentage of 1901 seats taken up by STH's. The Club has intimated it's quite a lot but what's quite a lot? I suspect less than half which would mean 80% of STH's are rightly eager to know what they will get.

It does feel that on balance - your normal STH and former STH's all of whom walked, wrote, voted and gave their utmost for the sake of BHA - are further behind the 'corporates' than they expected to be in terms of getting to know what is going to happen.

This has not been helped by various delays on 'promises' of news re STH's whilst the 1901 Club gets ever more coverage - perhaps a little and swift rebalancing is in order :albion1:

Agreed the latest release of 400 more seats to the 1901 club was a step too far for many of the STH's that I know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here