Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO everyone who has been creaming themselves over Gary Dicker this season

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought Dicker was directly culpable for the first goal. He played a nothing-pass to Bennett, a pointless 3-yarder when Bennett was tight to the touchline and had a Leeds player up his arse. There was nowhere for Bennett to go, possession was lost, and about four seconds later it was in the back of our net.

Probably Dickers poorest game so far, but then he's been very good most of the season, and you have to take into account the opposition who absolutely worked their socks off closing everything down.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Withdeam Wanderer.

Entitled to his opinion, even when its so slearly wrong. Unessecary to take such joy though, in heralding a poor performance, as 'proof' of said wrong views. Sadly, completely IN keeping with his normal standards. No class.

Been drinking?

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Tbh people do rave about Dicker a bit too much, he passes a simple ball well and against the weaker team he looks good but he was totally outdone by the Leeds midfield. Crofts wouldn't look out of place in that Leeds team, TCB just doesn't have the football brain to see what he does well.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I like Dicker and he and Crofts are the best centre-mid pair we have had in a while. B ut he does get caught in possession in our half too often and that came home to roost Saturday. Sometimes he needs to play the simple ball or even the ocassional hoof is better than getting caught out.
PG

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ah well, there you go - muppets convincing yourself he's Pele because Navarro got in the team ahead of him at the beginning of the season and you all felt so proud singing for him at millwall.

Goons. It won't be long before you realise he doesnt create anything, and doesn't stop anything.

Poyet needs to bring in a midfielder who contributes a bit more than a few nice touches, and fast.

I really do hope you are a wind up merchant, because I feel sorry for you if you really are THIS DELUDED.

How is one game PROOF?

He was CLASS at at marys. But no, let just ignore his brilliant tackles, great passing and decisiv through ball to set up Dickinson before the 3rd goal.

he didn't even play BADLY against Leeds. He had two bad moments, which people like you will remember regardless of his other 89 minutes of good passing.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I really do hope you are a wind up merchant, because I feel sorry for you if you really are THIS DELUDED.

How is one game PROOF?

He was CLASS at at marys. But no, let just ignore his brilliant tackles, great passing and decisiv through ball to set up Dickinson before the 3rd goal.

he didn't even play BADLY against Leeds. He had two bad moments, which people like you will remember regardless of his other 89 minutes of good passing.

He was mediocre at St Marys, but for one pass to Dickinson (who did the hard work) he was sloppy in posession, and outplayed by Hammond.

He's been average all season at everything other than his control, but now we've seen what a genuinely good midfield looks like - and Dicker certainly doesn't fit into that bracket.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
He was mediocre at St Marys, but for one pass to Dickinson (who did the hard work) he was sloppy in posession, and outplayed by Hammond..

One thing we do have from that game is a full recording and, when I last looked, he was far from mediocre. In the first half he won a lot of tackles in the midfield and invariably found a pass to setup more attacks. He and Crofts dominated the midfield throughout the first half. The only options Soton had were on the wings and as soon as Bennett and ElAbd teamed up that was shut off too. One of his best tackles gave them a freekick (which MK touched round) which the replay showed he got to the ball. Soton came out strongly in the second half and D & C had lots more work to do - we also defended a little deeper as we were protecting the lead. They still denied them space down the middle and the only chances we allowed were as a result of crosses. I would say that D&C were every bit as important to the result as Forster & Murray.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
One thing we do have from that game is a full recording and, when I last looked, he was far from mediocre. In the first half he won a lot of tackles in the midfield and invariably found a pass to setup more attacks. He and Crofts dominated the midfield throughout the first half. The only options Soton had were on the wings and as soon as Bennett and ElAbd teamed up that was shut off too. One of his best tackles gave them a freekick (which MK touched round) which the replay showed he got to the ball. Soton came out strongly in the second half and D & C had lots more work to do - we also defended a little deeper as we were protecting the lead. They still denied them space down the middle and the only chances we allowed were as a result of crosses. I would say that D&C were every bit as important to the result as Forster & Murray.

I'm sorry but that post is FAR to sensible and truthful for this thread or withdean wanderers bizzare views.

Mods please delete.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
As well as we played against Southampton, and as much as I rate Crofts and Dicker, if you watch the 2nd half against Southampton again (and I have) they both gave the ball an astonishing amount of times and were totally overrun in midfield, hence why we were under pressure for the entire half. Don't get me wrong, they were both superb in the first half, but were very poor in the second half.

1066gull

Coming from the man who thought Mayo was better on the left than Lynch.

Joel Lynch. Now, I think I argued after the Bradford win that Lynch HAD to start ahead of Mayo. I take it all back. Yes, Lynch is a better defender by far. But offensively, he is utterly useless. Now I appreciate that you don't usually look for the best attackers when picking a backline, but if we're not going to play a proper left winger (e.g Frutos, Loft - two left footed wide man) then we need someone to offer something down the wing. Lynch just didn't do that for me, launching long balls in to nobody at the back post. His set pieces were no better - at least Mayo's balls actually go where they are intended. Yes, he's not great at the ball down the line, but thinking about it, that's probably exaggurated by the lack of left winger.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Coming from the man who thought Mayo was better on the left than Lynch.

What's your point?

Mayo was a left back, Lynch a centre back.

It's like saying I'd rather have McNulty at left back than Jake Wright, i.e. it's bloody obvious!!

And as pointed out, why have you gone back through 3 years of my posts to find that?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Mayo was originally a midfielder...indeed in our first season at Gillingham he was our top scorer with a mighty SIX goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here