Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO everyone who has been creaming themselves over Gary Dicker this season

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I don't think he's as good as some people seem to but it doesn't alter the fact that you really are a **** of the highest order.

It was better around here when he wasn't.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I don't think he's as good as some people seem to but it doesn't alter the fact that you really are a **** of the highest order.

Somewhat like your English then!

It is 1.30am on a Saturday night, I think i'm entitled to make the odd grammar cock-up.

In response to your previous post, what was better on here when I wasn't?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wasn't even there but I'd prefer to take John Byrne's opinion that Albion fans shouldn't be too downhearted by yesterday's result. We were just beaten by the best team in the League who didn't put a foot wrong.

It has taken Leeds, a much bigger and better supported club than us, three years to build this team and this was Poyet's third game, can we have some perspective please and not turn on individuals because we were well beaten in all areas of the pitch not because Dicker didn't have a good game.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Today is proof that he isn't anywhere near as good as you think he is.

A couple of nice touches are all very well and good, but when up against superior opposition, Dicker does nothing to threaten the opposition, and does nothing to help out the defence.

An absolute stinker today - 1/10 at best.

Felt for Crofts today, he practically had the responsibility of our entire midfield - Bennett had a (rare for him) mare, and Cox was effective as a the hood on my rain coat.

Play-offs? Not with that midfield. :nono:

Just what I like to read, yet another negative post from Albion's most miserable fan. What other hobbies have to you got ? Watching videos of concentration camps ? Any excuse to have a moan, I bet like 99% of NSC posters I am so glad I'm not you.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Today is proof that he isn't anywhere near as good as you think he is.

A couple of nice touches are all very well and good, but when up against superior opposition, Dicker does nothing to threaten the opposition, and does nothing to help out the defence.

An absolute stinker today - 1/10 at best.

Felt for Crofts today, he practically had the responsibility of our entire midfield - Bennett had a (rare for him) mare, and Cox was effective as a the hood on my rain coat.

Play-offs? Not with that midfield. :nono:

Do you really have to go to extremes all the f***ing time? He had one bad game, so does everyone. Does not mean he's terrible, or a disgrace. Get your head out of your own f***ing arse for once and actually support the players, rather than slagging them off at every single oppurtunity.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What amazes me is that Dicker has one bad game and WW slags him off but then in the same post points our Bennett had a bad game but that's 'rare'. Touch of double standards.

At the end of the day Leeds were the better team but exactly how many times, other than the three goals did they force Smith into making saves? Had Forster hit the target when he cut in from the right in the first half or if we had made better use of two free kicks then it could have been a different story.

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
Leeds had clearly dentified him as our playmaker, 2 or 3 leeds players were onto him whenever he received the ball. Yes he was below par but Leeds to Graysons credit nullified his impact.

Dicker will prove himself in the long run, currently player of the season in my book.

They also left little space between their goalkeeper and defence when we were in posession allowing little joy for forster to steal in behind.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Arguably Bennett has just had two 'bad' games in a week. Other than that, he's been sheer class for us.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He was poor today granted, i think another thing though is that poyet is obviously trying to get the defense passing out to the midfield, which would bring dicker into it it more as you have admitted yourself he is a good passer, but the instant we went a goal down el abd/whing just defaulted to hoofball.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Good to see rather than people bothering to discuss the points WW raised, right or wrong, the mob goes for slinging insults at him.

Dicker did not have the best of games today, but generally he plays that holding role well. The problem to an extent in the centre of midfield is that Crofts sits too deep as well. He needs to play 10 or 15 yards in front of Dicker, but in reality we have never replaced Hammond, who was the last central midfielder who would get into the oppositions penalty area on a regular basis.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
To the first of your points UB, WW was insulting people who thought Dicker was a good player. Look at the thread title, then one of his later posts where he backs up his (flawed) assertion by calling people 'muppets' and 'goons' for disagreeing with him. The fact he is in the minority is, for the sake of this argument, irrelevant. However, his language offers no opinion, merely a set of pre-judged statements (not backed up), and a thread of abuse (carried out) if you disagree. Live by the sword etc...

Regarding your points about Crofts, I disagree.

Crofts covers the role Hammond (usually, but by no stretch of the imagination always) covered, but with more tenacity when we didn't have the ball. While Hammond had/has a good engine and on his day, had a knack of being in the right place at the right time, he was a bit of a ditherer on the ball for us. Crofts is sharp and snappy in the middle.

In summary, we have finally replaced the Dean Hammond that showed up (as opposed to the anonymous one) quite admirably.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bloody hell, I think I actually agree with TLO.

That said, I think Crofts was too deep yesterday, mainly because he was covering for Dicker.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
I think you are all missing the point its a team game and Leeds had the best organised midfield you will see, at this level, and our midfield was less flexible and players got quickly closed down by a strong powerful team.

Dicker often side stepped the first man but Kilkenny in particular, and Doyle also, won the ball back for them, time and time again. Only when we added Navarro did we remotely match them in that department.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Good to see rather than people bothering to discuss the points WW raised, right or wrong, the mob goes for slinging insults at him.

Dicker did not have the best of games today, but generally he plays that holding role well. The problem to an extent in the centre of midfield is that Crofts sits too deep as well. He needs to play 10 or 15 yards in front of Dicker, but in reality we have never replaced Hammond, who was the last central midfielder who would get into the oppositions penalty area on a regular basis.

The problem is the Withdean Wanderer is a miserable prick who is never happier when he is criticising players and the situation in general. Because of his incessant negativity which goes way beyond the point of tedium people here will slag him off just because is such a sad little man. People find it very hard to give his views any credibility.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Dicker had a poor game, but everyone has them....

For me our most consistent player this season when he was eventually given a start....

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The problem is the Withdean Wanderer is a miserable prick who is never happier when he is criticising players and the situation in general. Because of his incessant negativity which goes way beyond the point of tedium people here will slag him off just because is such a sad little man. People find it very hard to give his views any credibility.

But that is just on the internet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here