Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fans united statue outside falmer

Would anyone else be up for this? A statue to mark the support given to the albion by other fans,before we move on and forget the struggle.
It would mark the past and serve as a reminder that as football fans we must stay united for the greater good,is it something nsc chat could support i'm sure midsussexgulls would join the cause. What do you guys feel?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That is the best idea I've seen for a good while, nice one :thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Near the South Stand?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Excellent idea - this could get to post 12 or 15 before turning into a binfest

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would anyone else be up for this? A statue to mark the support given to the albion by other fans,before we move on and forget the struggle.
It would mark the past and serve as a reminder that as football fans we must stay united for the greater good,is it something nsc chat could support i'm sure midsussexgulls would join the cause. What do you guys feel?

Like it.

Would be a great focal point for visiting supporters. Some would ask "what's this all about?" others would Say "I was there!"

No idea how much one would cost though?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Love the idea. Best idea for a statue so far (no not of Wozza). Fairly sure it would also be a very expensive idea too though.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Has someone hacked your account? I mean, the person posting as 'Return of the Rev' has come up with a damn fine idea.

I'd love a statue of Wozza. It could be a rallying cry for those who rail against mawkish sentimentality. A call to arms for all true Englishmen to have a bit of backbone like we used to.

No more fuckwittedry, NSCers. Cry God for Wozza, England and for the Albion.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd love a statue of Wozza. It could be a rallying cry for those who rail against mawkish sentimentality. A call to arms for all true Englishmen to have a bit of backbone like we used to.

No more fuckwittedry, NSCers. Cry God for Wozza, England and for the Albion.
And it would be something to drape our half and half Brighton/Wrexham scarves over whenever something unpleasant happens to anyone who once posted on NSC, or indeed their cat.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Would Richard Vaughan be included in this statue?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
the thing I remember best about that day was before KO. All the different team's scarves (don't recall any half and half ones) being held aloft and the North Stand singing 'You're never walk alone'. Yes, yes I know it's not our song but the image of all the different team's scarves being held up was pretty amazing.

So, a life size statue of the north stand with a couple of thousand life sized statues of fans holding up their different scarves would be fantastic. Shouldn't be too hard.

Superb idea Rev.

Maybe something like 3-4 fans holding scarves up and around the base, the name of every club that had a supporter there.

:falmer::falmer:
i think the first thing is to find a sculptor who is willing to design it(at cost would be nice) make sure enough money has been raised and give him a brief for several designs,then have a vote on nsc for the winner? any albion scupltors out there with spare time? oh yes also check that its allowed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here