Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans to boo at Wembley?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
But what was worse? The England performances or the England fans' ridiculous expectations? The team were no better and no worse than many of us neutrals expected. It was an extremely average squad whose chances were pumped up by the media over there. Boo them if you must, but also look at yourselves.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I don't really buy this 'fans went to South Africa, spent thousands' baloney.

I don't think any of the fans who went are actually spouting it to be honest. I'm certainly not.

No one held a gun to these people's heads to go on a holiday of most people's lifetime

Holiday of a lifetime?? Come of it! How many people go on holiday to South Africa every year??

or made them save up for years, or guaranteed them England in the final.

Pre tournament I had us down as going out in the Semi's. After the Algeria game I couldn't see us getting passed the last 16. So I can't really comment on how disappointed I was when we actually did go out, however I was f***ing gutted after the Algeria game as I knew my holiday was going to be cut short because a bunch of ***** couldn't be arsed!

If anything, England saved a lot of them with TSTs a bit of cash on an extra two weeks.

£1146.49 to be precise on the tickets and probably about another 2 or 3 grand spending on top I would have thought. Would MUCH rather have spent it though!

You don't go to a World Cup ONLY to watch England , it's a central part of a much bigger experience, as evidenced by some of the excellent blogs we get to see on here.

I assume you mean away from the football? Otherwise you are 100% wrong. Most of the England fans out there couldn't give a flying f*** about any other side in the tournament or attending any of their games.

We went to Holland Slovakia in the last 16 simply because we were staying in Durban and tickets were cheap and easy to get hold of. Couldn't have cared less who won or lost.

I'm sure it was very disappointing on the England front, but I'd be amazed if anyone out there was more disappointed (if you can measure such things) than millions watching at home.

I'm sure there were plenty of people over here who were as gutted as we were out there. In fact the aftermath out there was probably more preferable than it was back here. At least we didn't have to put up office Dave's and Dorris's and there "way of the mark" analysis......until we got back anyway.

Still as per the rules of NSC you can only be a "Super Fan" if you go to all the games!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here