Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans to boo at Wembley?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think thats slightly different. I have never seen the Albion draw 0-0 in a competitive match with a team who earn about 20th of what the Albion players earn. If they did, I would be pretty NARKED.

I think that anyone who witnessed the shambles in the FA Cup at Kingstonian would be well placed to pass judgement on that one...so called professionals putting on an inept display against a team of non-league part-timers!

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Did anyone hear the suggestion on talksport that before the Hungary game, all the players must come on to the pitch to receive a minutes booing on the referees whistle so the fans could get it out of their system? :lolol:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
There will still be a 60,000+ audience which for a fairly unglamorous friendly in August when many are on hoilday is still superb support.

and possibly a big day for a player on whos development our club had a pretty big influence on.

I'll be there cheering - 2nd leg of my Swindon, Hungary, Rochdale tri. :albion2: and England.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
I'm not sure I'd boo. If they don't know by now what the nation thought of their performance at the World Cup then they must have spent the last few weeks in a cave

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Its a very strange move by Capello as looking at the players in SA they look anything but interested in playing for England. The recent retirements show what the increasing attitude to playing for England is amonst players. What exactly is booing these players going to do for improving morale? I am baffled why Capello is almost encouraging this reaction or what this will achieve.

The players can't be arsed with playing for England anyway subjecting them to a lions den scenario is just going to heighten that feeling.

As for fans booing at the game whats the point if you are that bothered with the team performance don't buy tickets/attend the match

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Still a limited number of tickets available for tonights game, taken from the FA website:

Tickets still on sale
Wednesday, 11 August, 2010

There are still a severely limited number of tickets available for England v Hungary and they can be purchased from Wembley today.

Tickets for tonight's match are available to purchase from Wembley Stadium's East Ticket Office from 12 noon, or cash only sales from Turnstiles A & L from 6pm.

Tickets are subject to availability and are priced £20, £25 and £30. Family enclosure tickets (£20 for adults, £10 for under-16s) are also on sale, again, subject to availability.

To avoid lengthy queues, it is advisable to arrive as early as possible, as we expect the offices to be extremely busy.

I think it's his idea to have his pathetic overpaid twats show up and show some collective responsibility.

However he should realise they are all a bit too childish and don't feel they need to do responsibility and that it's a lost cause.

I'd rather he dropped the lot of them and played the hungrier often overlooked players instead.

I think you'll find that the Hungrier players will be playing for Hungary!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Well Gerrard thinks there will be booing and would boo himself if he was a fan

so he isnt then? otherwise he would sit at home booing himself.

booing is for f***ing pantomimes. ironic how its anger at the 'premiershit' stars that is causing booing, the most premiershit of fan behaviour, apart from going easy easy. as bad as them.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
In many spheres within the Bristish way of life, booing, or throwing rotten fruit is a long held traditional way of showing public disapproval of poor performance by those we have paid to entertain us.

This centuries old tradition should not now be held hostage to the political correctness brigade or the woolly nambies deniying us the right to express our feelings.

If you feel it do it.

If I could be there I would pay just to do so and then leave.

For those that went to SA and spent months of their income to watch that debacle by those that would earn the same in hours if not minutes, then they deserve to feel it. Pure absence is not sufficient, we can do that after.

My feelings.

:albion2::albion1::albion2:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't really buy this 'fans went to South Africa, spent thousands' baloney. No one held a gun to these people's heads to go on a holiday of most people's lifetime, or made them save up for years, or guaranteed them England in the final. If anything, England saved a lot of them with TSTs a bit of cash on an extra two weeks. You don't go to a World Cup ONLY to watch England, it's a central part of a much bigger experience, as evidenced by some of the excellent blogs we get to see on here.

I'm sure it was very disappointing on the England front, but I'd be amazed if anyone out there was more disappointed (if you can measure such things) than millions watching at home.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I don't really buy this 'fans went to South Africa, spent thousands' baloney. No one held a gun to these people's heads to go on a holiday of most people's lifetime, or made them save up for years, or guaranteed them England in the final. If anything, England saved a lot of them with TSTs a bit of cash on an extra two weeks. You don't go to a World Cup ONLY to watch England, it's a central part of a much bigger experience, as evidenced by some of the excellent blogs we get to see on here.

I'm sure it was very disappointing on the England front, but I'd be amazed if anyone out there was more disappointed (if you can measure such things) than millions watching at home.

You are probably quite right, but when I go to an away match and we are beaten playing badly or not to our ability, then rightly or wrongly I FEEL like I did my bit and I FEEL I have the right to show my dissatisfaction with slightly more qualification than those that did not travel.

:wave:

I don't think it's the fact we went out early that got to most people, it's the manner in which we did (playing like c*nts and not seeming to care).

Yes I'm sure it was still a fantastic trip for those that went, but that doesn't mean they have no right to feel aggrieved at the shower of shit on the football field.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They should be booed of course they should. They are ALL overpaid and undertalented Wankers. I have nothing but contempt for the England football team. They only problem is they don't actually give a shit so whats the point ?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here