Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans to boo at Wembley?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I think thats slightly different. I have never seen the Albion draw 0-0 in a competitive match with a team who earn about 20th of what the Albion players earn. If they did, I would be pretty NARKED.

i can think of a few fa cup EMBARASSMENTS from the mid nineties that must have been close to that!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Anyone who was watching the charity shield should already know the answer. The unpopular players (Terry, Lampard and especially Cole (all Chelsea for some reason)) will get it both barrels from a number of the crowd. Any anti Man Utd will boo Rooney and anti Scouse will boo Gerrard. Sure they expect it as well.

Hope Capello don't get booed though

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
If most of the players who were playing at the world cup play i'll be booing! Still hope it's not that bad a atmosphere as i'm going to the game

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hopefully Capello will play NO ONE who was at the world cup therefore there would be no reason to boo.

Zamora Zamora Zamora :clap2:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
excellent spin put on that one sir, as always

have a go at this one - what are the reasons behind englands normally superb away support struggling to sell out its allocation for switzerland away?

Apathy.

Swiss gave us loads of tickets (we've still sold 4k).

People are skint (especially those who went to SA - well I am anyway) and Switzerland certainly isn't cheap (match ticket is cat 3 (so crap) and is still £50)!!

First away game in a qualify group that we should a) walk and b) is for finals that are in crapholes that allot of people have been before.

Caps weren't an issue for tickets in SA and I very much doubt they'll be an issue for Poland/Ukraine so people plain and simply aren't bothered about going places they've been before. I expect Montenegro will be very popular.

We're shit!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why the f*** would you boo the team you supposedly support? Sounds pretty moronic paying out a wedge of cash to go and be a miserable cynical fool. If you really want the team to know what you think of them boycott all matches, their wages would reduce and they may get rid of the flyboys who want money and fame but not hard work.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Hopefully Capello will play NO ONE who was at the world cup therefore there would be no reason to boo.

Zamora Zamora Zamora :clap2:

he has already said he starting with all 10 that were in the world cup squad

Sky Sports | Football | Internationals | News | Fabio braced for Wembley boos

Fabio braced for Wembley boos
England boss insists squad must take World Cup taunts

Fabio Capello is fully expecting jeers of disapproval at Wembley on Wednesday when he fields England's World Cup flops.

After a dismal campaign in South Africa this summer, the Three Lions manager is highly aware of the mutinous feeling among supporters ahead of the international friendly against Hungary.

The towering expectations surrounding England at the World Cup were crushed when they were dumped out by Germany in the first knock-out round of the tournament, leaving fans frustrated with both manager and team.

And Capello has chosen to spare the younger members of his squad from that anger on Wednesday night, insisting he will only select players who featured in South Africa in his starting outfield line-up.

Boos
"The first XI will be players who were at the World Cup," he said. "This is sure because, like me, they have to take the booing.

"I expect boos. Why not? We win together, we lose together.

"Always, I respect the crowd but I am the boss. They have to boo me like the players."

Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart will be handed his first start on Wednesday, as Paul Robinson announced his international retirement immediately after Capello decided to axe both David James and Robert Green.

But despite opting for Hart, who is now in a straight battle with Ben Foster for the No.1 shirt, the Italian is ready to bring West Ham keeper Green back into the squad for the Euro 2012 qualification double-header against Bulgaria and Switzerland next month, despite his World Cup blunder against the United States.

"This time we preferred to select Robinson, next time it will be Green," added Capello. "Everyone makes mistakes. I do, you do.

"If I select him it is because I respect him."

Capello stands by his opinion that England's fate in South Africa could have been completely different if Frank Lampard had been allowed a perfectly legitimate equaliser in the fatal last-16 clash in Bloemfontein.

"If the referee had whistled for the goal, it is possible that would have changed the World Cup for us," he said.

"As a manager, there have been lots of occasions when the first half is a disaster but the second half changed completely.

"If you asked me why this happened, I wouldn't know.

"Before the World Cup we played against all the top teams apart from Argentina and Brazil were the best.

Chances
"In the first half against Holland they played very well, scored one goal and had a lot of chances. In the second half, after Holland equalised, the game changed completely.

"All these Brazil players with so much experience, played without confidence and with fear.

"For this reason, it was probably important Lampard's goal was given."

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Capello OUT.

STUPID Itie.

He KNOWS that people are appalled. So play the kids, get the crowd onside.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well Gerrard thinks there will be booing and would boo himself if he was a fan

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Play the World Cup lot for the first TEN minutes to soak up the boos. Then sub all of them off.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's a good trick. Invite everyone to boo, then no one will want to because they are literally asking it.

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Surprised no-one has mentioned this earth-shattering interview with the Bobster?

bobby_and_the_gus_bus.jpg

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
why anyone would bother going to this game is utterly beyond me....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here