Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans to boo at Wembley?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
It depends how much of the starting XI actually played any part in South Africa. For me I would say no but I wouldn't criticise anyone that did so after 90 minutes if we haven't won the game.....

Don't really see the point. If they weren't good enough then they should be dropped. If they are good enough then lets support them. No idea why Capello is trying to make this happen, he seems to be losing the plot.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
do we boo the albion team the next game after they have given a shocking performance?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
yes yes yes

Capello said the 10 players that featured in the World Cup squad are STARTING tomorrow, specifically so they would get booed, and not the new players like Zamora, Wilshire etc when they come on. Great man management :clap:

It seems a little unfair on Hart though, best English goalkeeper last season, not picked, get's his England debut at home to a chorus of boos

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Absolutely not.

How pathetic and childish, if you want to show your dissapointment then just don't come, simple.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Absolutely not.

How pathetic and childish, if you want to show your dissapointment then just don't come, simple.

it looks like a lot of people are taking that option - wembley at 2/3rds capacity shows that a lot of fans have simply had enough of england and their abject failure (obviously failing to realise that we are not actually very good!)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
it looks like a lot of people are taking that option - wembley at 2/3rds capacity shows that a lot of fans have simply had enough of england and their abject failure (obviously failing to realise that we are not actually very good!)

There will still be a 60,000+ audience which for a fairly unglamorous friendly in August when many are on hoilday is still superb support.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Quote corrected.

well, the answer is still no - otherwise under adams they would have been getting booed on a weekly basis when the team was read out!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Can't make up my mind whether it's a good idea or not.

On one hand the (World Cup) team should be publicly humilated by a chorus of boos, but then I don't think it'll have much effect anyway. It's also not fair on those who didn't feature in the summer. I don't think anyone should be booed during the game.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I think they know the nation have had enough, not sure what booing will achieve?
???

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
There will still be a 60,000+ audience which for a fairly unglamorous friendly in August when many are on hoilday is still superb support.

How many people bought tickets before the WC though? And how many are just going to boo and show their disgust rather than support the team?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The North Korean's got hazed on returning home. No reason for our pathetic mob to escape with anything less than electrodes on the testicles.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

excellent spin put on that one sir, as always

have a go at this one - what are the reasons behind englands normally superb away support struggling to sell out its allocation for switzerland away?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't really see the point. If they weren't good enough then they should be dropped. If they are good enough then lets support them. No idea why Capello is trying to make this happen, he seems to be losing the plot.
I think it's his idea to have his pathetic overpaid twats show up and show some collective responsibility.

However he should realise they are all a bit too childish and don't feel they need to do responsibility and that it's a lost cause.

I'd rather he dropped the lot of them and played the hungrier often overlooked players instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here