Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans in replica shirts .. No shame

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The funniest replica shirts are American Throwball and Ice Hockey, they are perfectly designed with obese people in my mind.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Sorry in 'Malaga' as was said, I see Spaniards in football shirts all the time... do you go to the Shetlands for your vacations?

Well if the Spanish are in Malaga, their most likely not on holiday are they. Unless they are going out their way to get pissed with the Brits.

Close, more like Asia, America, South America, Indonesia though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well if the Spanish are in Malaga, their most likely not on holiday are they. Unless they are going out their way to get pissed with the Brits.

Too many assumptions my dear fella.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
We have this thread at LEAST 2/3 times a season , they always turn out the same.

wear your colours if you want , don't if you don't want to - simple as that really , live your life rather then being embarrassed of others.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

You've never seen replica shirts being worn in Asia/Indonesia? I understood that region to be the most prolific buyers of replica shirts in the world, OK, so they are wearing Man U/Barca/Chelsea/ACMilan/Inter shirts rather than those of their own team.

And without a doubt, the biggest collectors who contribute to my website are South American, maybe the just collect them and never wear them? Most South American leagues have 2 separate league competitions each year, Apertura and Clausura. Every year, the clubs have home, away and third kits for the Apertura, and in most cases for the top flight clubs they then have a different home away and third kits for the Clausura, that's 6 different kits every year, and the fans seem to buy them in abundance.

I've only been to Venezuela in South America, we were there during WC1994, there were a lot of Brazilian holiday makers in our hotel, and there were plenty of them in Brazil shirts morning noon and night, especially when we watched the games that were shown on a giant screen installed by the hotel especially for the WC. Fortunately we didn't have to worry about Ingerland shirts for that WC.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You've never seen replica shirts being worn in Asia/Indonesia? I understood that region to be the most prolific buyers of replica shirts in the world, OK, so they are wearing Man U/Barca/Chelsea/ACMilan/Inter shirts rather than those of their own team.

And without a doubt, the biggest collectors who contribute to my website are South American, maybe the just collect them and never wear them? Most South American leagues have 2 separate league competitions each year, Apertura and Clausura. Every year, the clubs have home, away and third kits for the Apertura, and in most cases for the top flight clubs they then have a different home away and third kits for the Clausura, that's 6 different kits every year, and the fans seem to buy them in abundance.

I've only been to Venezuela in South America, we were there during WC1994, there were a lot of Brazilian holiday makers in our hotel, and there were plenty of them in Brazil shirts morning noon and night, especially when we watched the games that were shown on a giant screen installed by the hotel especially for the WC. Fortunately we didn't have to worry about Ingerland shirts for that WC.

My girlfriend is Brazilian and she loves wearing her Brazil top.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I'm not saying people from other countries don't wear or buy or collect football shirts, that obvious. All I am saying is, if I was on holiday and during that period there was no football event relating to my team on, I would not wear one. "under-dressed" isn't the word to describe it, but its close.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm not saying people from other countries don't wear or buy or collect football shirts, that obvious. All I am saying is, if I was on holiday and during that period there was no football event relating to my team on, I would not wear one. "under-dressed" isn't the word to describe it, but its close.

er, you were saying that no-one other than English fans abroad wear replica shirts.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
er, you were saying that no-one other than English fans abroad wear replica shirts.

Right, for example...

when I was abroad last year travelling South East Asia, I met many people of many different nationalities. Not once can I recall seeing or meeting one other person wearing a football top apart from the English. And unless there was a footballing event related to my club, I would not wear one as I do not see the need, it's not flattering and it's not exactly the most comfortable or practical clothing.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Right, for example...

when I was abroad last year travelling South East Asia, I met many people of many different nationalities. Not once can I recall seeing or meeting one other person wearing a football top apart from the English. And unless there was a footballing event related to my club, I would not wear one as I do not see the need, it's not flattering and it's not exactly the most comfortable or practical clothing.

Modern day football shirts are lightweight and very comfortable. They wash easily and generally increase in value over time. I don't see the problem.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Modern day football shirts are lightweight and very comfortable. They wash easily and generally increase in value over time. I don't see the problem.

IMO, it's a little thing called "class" and looking "presentable." My opinion is, football shirts are for football and should be worn at football or while playing football or while watching football. I would not wear a football top if I was in town, or on a date, or while having a meal or while on holiday.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not gonna get drawn into judging other folk, but the clob really are missing a trick by not offering high quality, discreetly branded clothing.

It could be polo shirts with tiny seagulls on the collar, or maybe get a deal with a top end brand to supply all sorts of items. I personally will only ever where replica kit (official, training kit or highly promotional items) for the very biggest of games.

Why not take the opportunity to earn even more money by offering merchandise to both groups of supporters?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
You're a marketing retard then.

Buying a shirt supports the club by putting $ into their coffers. If nobody over the age of 18 bought the club kit the club would take a massive hit financially and struggle to cover its costs.

Every person who buys them helps provide free marketing opportunities for the club in the wider community. Free marketing is priceless.

The reason you can't figure out why people over certain ages would do it is because you "might" be a bit slow on the uptake.
Perhaps he is testing the water before he gets old..:smile::smile::smile:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Bearded middle aged blokes with beer guts , sporting one is quite frankly cringeworthy any man over the age of 18 doing this should be put down and stop making fools of themselves ..

Bet there's plenty of Saturday dressers on here in there stripes ...

Can't for the life of me work out why you would do it ???,:tantrum:

What, should we all just join you in wearing fake, out the boot of a car Stone Island jumpers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here