Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans in replica shirts .. No shame

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Ah, you see this is where all those steps to WSU come in useful - I reckon I could burn off the calories in 1 pint of Harveys if I went up and down the stairs 3 or 4 times.

I like to see where my money goes, hence WSL.............

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
so acording to the logic of the op most of our current squad are far to old to be wearing football shirts (the op is a bell end )

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'll be 25 when the new season kicks off, and I will proudly be wearing my replica shirt every game, again. I am 6'1 and in reasonable condition (my pie belly haa been run off in the last few weeks!). The only question for me every sumer is which player name I want. Barnes 9 for this season served me well. Next seasons shortlist so far includes CMS (expensive), Noone and Dicker but it's far too early for a decision. Hoping for a flair new striker to change everything.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Bearded middle aged blokes with beer guts , sporting one is quite frankly cringeworthy any man over the age of 18 doing this should be put down and stop making fools of themselves ..

Bet there's plenty of Saturday dressers on here in there stripes ...

Can't for the life of me work out why you would do it ???,:tantrum:

You're a marketing retard then.

Buying a shirt supports the club by putting $ into their coffers. If nobody over the age of 18 bought the club kit the club would take a massive hit financially and struggle to cover its costs.

Every person who buys them helps provide free marketing opportunities for the club in the wider community. Free marketing is priceless.

The reason you can't figure out why people over certain ages would do it is because you "might" be a bit slow on the uptake.

SeagullBT

Sep 7, 2011
As my Mama says: "If we were all the same son, the world would be a very boring place!" Always Polo tops over replica for me (not on match days though; unless the gym) but each to their own I say.

I have just seen a Chelsea fan with his shirt on in Burgess Hill. I'm happy for Chelsea (well, I couldn't actually care either way if they won or lost), but I've no problem with that at all if he has a shirt on, but would he be wearing that shirt today if they lost? Would he f*ck! Wear your shirt with pride - even more so in defeat!

Palace or Small Heath shirt though - yes, you're a twat!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I don't mind the replica shirts I'm not so keen with having a name and number on the back - I want to get #FFSMURRAY on the back of my shirt do they do # tags? I think I'm gone twitter mad lol

ffsmuray_t-shirt.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You're a marketing retard then.

Buying a shirt supports the club by putting $ into their coffers. If nobody over the age of 18 bought the club kit the club would take a massive hit financially and struggle to cover its costs.

Every person who buys them helps provide free marketing opportunities for the club in the wider community. Free marketing is priceless.

The reason you can't figure out why people over certain ages would do it is because you "might" be a bit slow on the uptake.

You had me at Retard

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I hope we can all agree that blokes wearing a football shirt to the SNOOKER need to have a word with themselves. Always one minimum.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can understand it when your abroad on holiday, and you see blokes in football shirts then..pretty disgraceful. But at a football match? Are you kidding me its all about showing support for your team, creating a blue and white ARMY!! :albion2:

I wore my shirt one day last September on holiday in Egypt. I got some bloke shouting 'Seagulls' at me, turned out he came from Shoreham. I wasn't embarrassed to wear it.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I wore my shirt one day last September on holiday in Egypt. I got some bloke shouting 'Seagulls' at me, turned out he came from Shoreham. I wasn't embarrassed to wear it.

It's not about being embarrassed about wearing it, it's just so "English" You never see people from other countries abroad wearing football shirts on holiday, just doesn't happen. Brits, football tops, holidays...first thing that pops to mind is Malaga, Kavos etc.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's not about being embarrassed about wearing it, it's just so "English" You never see people from other countries abroad wearing football shirts on holiday, just doesn't happen. Brits, football tops, holidays...first thing that pops to mind is Malaga, Kavos etc.

You never see Germans in Munich shirts or Spaniards in Barca or Madrid shirts? Are you for real?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

Sounds like you've never been on holiday to the Med then, I see German & Dutch (club & country) shirts out and about wherever I go in Cyprus, as well as shirts from other countries, I regularly end up chatting with them as I am a shirt bore. BTW, I don't wear mine when I'm on holiday unless I'm going to one of the squaddies bars where it is almost a requirement, and where you'll see the most eclectic mix of club shirts in one place as you'll ever see.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Sounds like you've never been on holiday to the Med then, I see German & Dutch (club & country) shirts out and about wherever I go in Cyprus, as well as shirts from other countries, I regularly end up chatting with them as I am a shirt bore. BTW, I don't wear mine when I'm on holiday unless I'm going to one of the squaddies bars where it is almost a requirement, and where you'll see the most eclectic mix of club shirts in one place as you'll ever see.

That is fair enough, as it's a football related occasion, but you wouldn't wear your football shirt out if your going for an evening meal on holiday. That I just don't get. And I have been to Cyprus, beautiful country!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

That's just not true. The Dutch, Germans, Greeks often wear football shirts on holiday.

I've seen Spanish, Italian and French students walking round Brighton wearing football shirts..

As for basketball shirts and rugby tops.... they are EVERYWHERE

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
That is fair enough, as it's a football related occasion, but you wouldn't wear your football shirt out if your going for an evening meal on holiday. That I just don't get. And I have been to Cyprus, beautiful country!

Its almost always a footie occasion in the squaddies bars, but not other places I go. Take yourself out in the Dhekelia Strip of an evening, you'll almost definately meet German or Dutch fans in their shirts, and every chance of others. Go to Napa or Protaras during the day and you'll see them on the beach and in the bars and restaurants round lunchtime, well I do, always. Also I've met a Russian footie fan, he was wearing a Torpedo Moscow shirt, and Theo, the Greek owner of the Queens Arms pub wears a different club shirt (from all over the World) every night of the week, punters donate them to him. You also get Scandanavian shirts, they mostly tend to wear national shirts, I've seen Olympic Lyonnaise (French club side), it really isn't that unusual. As for going out for an evening meal, well no, I don't think I've ever seen anyone at all wear a football shirt to a restaurant in the evening, but then again, perhaps I don't go to that sort of place for a meal when on holiday.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here