Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans in replica shirts .. No shame

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Bearded middle aged blokes with beer guts , sporting one is quite frankly cringeworthy any man over the age of 18 doing this should be put down and stop making fools of themselves ..

Bet there's plenty of Saturday dressers on here in there stripes ...

Can't for the life of me work out why you would do it ???,:tantrum:

Get out a bit more.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Why comedy gold? Well, I know its unkind but the whole "brits wearing football shirts", tattoos and sun burn look is cringeworthy. I took a French couple around Brighton on a bank holiday and after I got over the embarrassment I had to join in and laugh.

So fans wearing colours is cringeworthy? This is England, it's what we do! I love France and I actually love the French (in fact im rooting for Montpellier as I holiday very close to there and have done for 30 years) You watch match of the day/football league show? The colour on show is what makes me love the sport so much. 90% of fans will meet and great other fans in their own towns, share a joke, have a beer, it's part of life in this country! I don't care if they are 5 or 95 years old, yes we get sunburned and have the odd tattoo but so what? You're clearly a football fan surely you can appreciate this? Would you honestly prefer an Amex full of grey and black? We are a club who has been royally f***ed in the past 14/15 years and if anyone wants to show their support then they have my full backing. I'd be amazed if the French looked down on 15+ year olds because they love their team

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why comedy gold? Well, I know its unkind but the whole "brits wearing football shirts", tattoos and sun burn look is cringeworthy. I took a French couple around Brighton on a bank holiday and after I got over the embarrassment I had to join in and laugh.

Now you see, what would garner you a bit more respect in your posting is if you said that this is what you think, and for sure a fair few others too. Do bear in mind there is a strong movement that doesn't agree with you, and that opinion should be accepted too.

I've never been embarrassed, or cringed because of Brits walking around in football shirts, tattoos and sunburnt, live and let live, life is too short. Now if the behaviour is poor, offensive or aggressive, then that does annoy me, I just feel sorry for them, and walk away, no need to go Beetroot and have my bum cheeks surgically unclenched though. In my experience, it is not fans in football shirts who make me feel awkward, incredulous, and perhaps a little shameful when they behave like utter ***** at games (more often at away games) and of course when Palace, Millwall and Pompey come to play the Albion.

That's what I think, perhaps other feel the same way, hey ho. :shrug:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sounds like a riot

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I must be the OP worst nightmare....been watching Albion 54 years...well past retirement age...have a wardrobe with over 40 Albion shirts...cannot wear them to football...1901 club....so I wear them uptown shopping,going to my club....you're entitled to your opinion as I am mine...so if you don't like me wearing my shirts...........TOUGH TITTY....WEAR THEM WITH PRIDE.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The OP is often on here as an apologist for hooligans getting involved in football related violence. That lot are more worthy of derision than fans who wish to wear the colours of their team.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I'm middle aged, fat, and I wear one. Reason: Because I choose too, and I am proud to wear my clubs colours and I have been doing so for 38yrs. It is a question of personal choice and I respect your choice not too but not your opinion.

It also puts coffers in the clubs pot.

WORN WITH PRIDE.

THIS !! Plus realBHA you are a cock boy !!

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Each to their own, imho. I've never been able to get past the idea that the only people who have truly earned the right to wear the shirt are the players. For us fans, colours everywhere, of course. Just not shirts.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Bearded middle aged blokes with beer guts , sporting one is quite frankly cringeworthy any man over the age of 18 doing this should be put down and stop making fools of themselves ..

Bet there's plenty of Saturday dressers on here in there stripes ...

I think the first bit would probably take care of the second......unless they are buried in their shirt in which case they are making fools of themselves for eternity (IYFSO of course).

I am curious though do you need all three? I am often bearded, middle aged with no beer gut and occasionally wear my vintage cotton Brighton shirt. Do I qualify for the lethal injection?

I don't think I ever look as 'cringeworthy' as your post does, but each to their own eh?

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I can understand it when your abroad on holiday, and you see blokes in football shirts then..pretty disgraceful. But at a football match? Are you kidding me its all about showing support for your team, creating a blue and white ARMY!! :albion2:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I wouldn't wear one myself, and do wish the club could create more 'credible' leisurewear for us more discerning BHA punters :thumbsup: but I totally support those who choose to wear the stripes. As said above - it's all about the 'blue and white army'

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.

Whats shameful about it sonny, one day you'll be middle aged, might have a beard and have (if you drink enough Harveys) a beer gut.

And you might go bald as well.

( note for editors : whilst I AM middle aged I am neither bald, bearded or beer gutted ).

Last edited:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'm 38, I don't have a beard and I like pies.

I wear my home shirt to all matches and so do most people around me.

If you don't like what you see, go back to cheering on Chelsea from the comfort of your armchair.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I'm 38, I don't have a beard and I like pies.

I wear my home shirt to all matches and so do most people around me.

If you don't like what you see, go back to cheering on Chelsea from the comfort of your armchair.

Ka Boom! Good response.

I wear mine and i'm mid thirties and so do my 2 boys (clearly much younger). Admittedly in the last 18 months i have developed a 'Harveys Front' so all this means is i need to go up a size!

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Makes money for the club, and fans like to feel a connection between them and the players. I do not actually wear one though.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Ka Boom! Good response.

I wear mine and i'm mid thirties and so do my 2 boys (clearly much younger). Admittedly in the last 18 months i have developed a 'Harveys Front' so all this means is i need to go up a size!

Ah, you see this is where all those steps to WSU come in useful - I reckon I could burn off the calories in 1 pint of Harveys if I went up and down the stairs 3 or 4 times.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'll wear the shirt proudly! And so will my Dad (left) and my little brother (right)

319983_10150468432326201_576311200_10858090_653312602_n.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here