Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans Forum

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
This evening’s virtual fans’ forum should be ‘interesting’!

I hope Barber is suitably dressed.

8F0F5A9F-C471-42AF-A1C4-28FB588AA26B.jpeg

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Ooh, didn't know this was happening. Will someone please ask if there are any plans in situ to bring the women's games closer to home?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Ooh, didn't know this was happening. Will someone please ask if there are any plans in situ to bring the women's games closer to home?

Do you happen to know of a spare football ground in the area that meets the FA's requirements for matches?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This evening’s virtual fans’ forum should be ‘interesting’!

I hope Barber is suitably dressed.

View attachment 144287

What, other than the constant moan about ticket sharing (which is at least partly addressed in the ST announcement) are you expecting people to complain directly to Paul Barber about?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Would be interested to know if there’s any reason why those that pay to travel via Seagulls Match Day Express couldn’t have their train subsidy transferred to this instead of southern rail?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Are you expecting tonight's 'panel to know though?

I’d expect them to know whether there was any possibility of it happening, or whether there is absolutely no chance and no way and the women’s team are condemned to play in Crawley for ever more, which is far from ideal and will always limit the amount of Brighton support they can expect at their games.

I wonder if they could ground share with Whitehawk FC? Hear me out.

Pros: it’s in Brighton; it’s accessible; it will be a boost to the local economy; Whitehawk will benefit from much improved facilities and ground share fees; Brighton Women will benefit from much improved local support; we won’t have to tramp up to Crawley to watch a women’s game.

Cons: Whitehawk have a wonky pitch, the cost of levelling this could prove prohibitive; money will need to be invested in bringing the facilities up to standard; there may be inadequate surrounding land available to accommodate necessary incoming vehicles/expanded facilities; Whitehawk might not want this.

Just my thoughts, and probably the cons have outweighed the pros, otherwise I don’t know why it hasn’t been considered.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m guessing the Post Palace debacle and Spurs cup tickets will come up. Not that it matters now no extra Spurs tickets and those who got crushed got crushed.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I’d expect them to know whether there was any possibility of it happening, or whether there is absolutely no chance and no way and the women’s team are condemned to play in Crawley for ever more, which is far from ideal and will always limit the amount of Brighton support they can expect at their games.

Pros: it’s in Brighton; it’s accessible; it will be a boost to the local economy; Whitehawk will benefit from much improved facilities and ground share fees; Brighton Women will benefit from much improved local support; we won’t have to tramp up to Crawley to watch a women’s game.

Cons: Whitehawk have a wonky pitch, the cost of levelling this could prove prohibitive; money will need to be invested in bringing the facilities up to standard; there may be inadequate surrounding land available to accommodate necessary incoming vehicles/expanded facilities; Whitehawk might not want this.

Just my thoughts, and probably the cons have outweighed the pros, otherwise I don’t know why it hasn’t been considered.

I wonder if a shared Whitehawk, Brighton Women, Brighton u23's ground would work. Doesn't need to be massive, just to match the requirements for all 3

Sheepcote Valley was obviously earmarked as a possible (unsuitable) site for the Albion but wonder if it would be any good for a much smaller ground

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I wonder if a shared Whitehawk, Brighton Women, Brighton u23's ground would work. Doesn't need to be massive, just to match the requirements for all 3

Sheepcote Valley was obviously earmarked as a possible (unsuitable) site for the Albion but wonder if it would be any good for a much smaller ground

I know where I’d prefer Tony to spend his cash.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Totally agree they should be playing nearer to home and also think this is the best solution to it too. Current Whitehawk facilities wouldn't meet the WSL requirements I believe. Upgrade their place and U23s and WSL team playing there would be a great solution all round. Have no idea what Whitehawk might say about it though but can't imagine they'd turn down the chance for some more cash.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Having a few thousand rattling around 1 stand of a huge stadium really wouldn't be a good experience for anyone involved.

Plus the extra wear and tear on the pitch and upsetting the groundsman of course!

Has anyone mentioned the training complex at Lancing where the Under 23's play the majolrity of their home games? or doesn't that meet WSL requirements?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
What, other than the constant moan about ticket sharing (which is at least partly addressed in the ST announcement) are you expecting people to complain directly to Paul Barber about?

How many new Albion members since sharing scheme came in.
If you pass ticket on they have to become Albion member so you know details etc and yet can buy a guest ticket with no details of recipient needed.
Why can't you just put in a small charge of say £5 each time ticket is passed on

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I know of a running track that looks big enough for a football pitch to be drawn inside. About 1,000 covered seats on the north side, possibly even a burger van in situ

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing

Spurs tickets fiasco
Stadium exit strategy debacle after Palace game
Banning of fan for encroaching onto pitch perimeter (if indeed this has happened)
Overzealous treatment of fan who supposedly infringed copyright

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here