Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum - official thread

mendoza10 said:
on this matter not sure, but there should be unity between manager and chairman, not huge difference of opinion in public

The unity was there - but that was before certain members of the board started to blame McGhee for their own shortcomings in funding our wages budget. From that point on, McGhee was freed from toe-ing the party line and can now tell the fans the truth - the board doesn't fund the team enough for us to stay in the Championship or to compete in the top 6 of League 1.

The honesty may very well cost him his contract renewal later on, but don't say McGhee didn't ever level with the fans :thumbsup:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Harty said:
'Arsenal 'no' to Mayo's testimonial because of the Champions league'
Game was due to be played last Monday, 31st July, did I miss the start of Arsenal's Champions league campaign?

Don't kid a kidder Mr Knight!!!

Perhaps they didn't want to risk first teamers in a a testimonial before a champions league qualifier?

Last edited:

Harty said:
'Arsenal 'no' to Mayo's testimonial because of the Champions league'
Game was due to be played last Monday, 31st July, did I miss the start of Arsenal's Champions league campaign?

Don't kid a kidder Mr Knight!!!

But they may have a certain programme of preparations for the CL which didn't include slumming it on an athletics track somewhere. Why is that so hard to believe?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
But they may have a certain programme of preparations for the CL which didn't include slumming it on an athletics track somewhere. Why is that so hard to believe?

If the had won it we wouldnt have this problem - I blame Mcghee for Henry being an utter bottle job.

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
He did? My mistake then.

Does seem a bit silly though, eh?

Edit: That was to LI's question.

(look at me jumping to conclusion as per...)

I think it was understandable from Kerry at the time when Celtic and the Arse were still in the frame for the game. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbils said:
If the had won it we wouldnt have this problem - I blame Mcghee

It was an ex-Celtic striker to blame, but not that one - hail, hail the King of Kings! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
London Irish said:
It was an ex-Celtic striker to blame, but not that one - hail, hail the King of Kings! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

004_02060~Triple-H-Posters.jpg

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
brightonfan_86 said:
I'm off to Rotherham, I asume you will be down there then?

Probably not, if your wrestle float is not gonna be there then it all seems a bit pointless.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
London Irish said:
I think it was understandable from Kerry at the time when Celtic and the Arse were still in the frame for the game. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I could be very simplistic here, but last summer we knew it was Kerry's testamonial year, we sold Virgo to Celtic. Yes it was a very good price, but if they were happy to pay that price why couldn't we of said, yes you can have him for that price, but you have to play a testamonial match with us next summer?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
brightonfan_86 said:
Aren't you going down there with Kinky?

I hate it when he gets all camp and starts screaming as the float goes by. I prefer wrestle role play when he butches up and cornhole him raw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here