Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum - official thread

mendoza10 said:
Firstly
Mcghee - withdean is not an issue, if you pay the players well, they will play here - they are professional

Knight - withdean is an issue, players like dichio didnt want to come here. we matched his preston contract and agreed a fee to come but he didnt want to play here. it is the say with other players

Secondly
Knight - the season is about getting the youth team involved and playing and becoming a great part of the club as the years roll on into falmer

McGhee - the youth team arent ready, they are not for this level as yet and will loan them out and get them off the wage bill to bring other players in. Ruchard Martin is going to Dorchester.

So who do you agree with then, I can't work out which way you moaners are going to fall, anti-McGhee, or anti-board for not spending the money on the team? :)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
mendoza10 said:

Mayo's Testamonial - arsenal no because of champions league. celtic and man city no, they are in asia. charlton we turned them down, they werent big enough. panathanikos (sp) lead us a merry dance and pulled out

Turn down Charlton?

f*** SAKE.

A premiership side that we COULD be trying to loan youngsters from and we turn them down? Did they explain why?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
mendoza10 said:
also the best question was the 1st
mcghee hadnt turned up, was late

so a guy asked dick knight
"dick, asmark isnt here yet, how many games will you give mark before you sack him"

dick said "i havent worked it out yet" and laughed

this was before it went on air

That is funny, DK should be a comedian. :lolol: :lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
555kaz said:
I asked a question and I wasn't wearing a bobble hat :p

Thats a blatant lie! I have never seen you without it.

Did you ask early on?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I didn't know we matched Dichios Preston contract, thats quite interesting.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Lankyseagull said:
Did I hear this right?

Hawes : "Next question from that gentleman over there.........oh sorry, it's Liz.......Liz Costa"

:lolol: :lolol:

that is true

also before that, and next question from the gentlemen in front of me

"hi my names emma from...... what do you think of half time entertainment...."

he did it twice, doh!

Kinky Gerbils said:
WITHDEAN IS NOT A REASON PLAYERS ARE NOT COMING.

Mcghee said that.

This is a sign of McGhee exerting his independence from the board, which I'm delighted at. For too long he's taken the heat from you complainers.

McGhee is right that, in itself, the shit facilities are not a prohibitive barrier by itself if you pay the players a premium to overcome that.

However, Knight is also right that Withdean and its shit revenues arguably prevent us paying the kind of wages we need to overcome that.

I'm just pleased that McGhee is putting pressure on the board for more revenue for the team. Frankly, to have members of the board blaming him when they didn't produce the cash for the team last year must have made McGhee's blood boil!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
This is a sign of McGhee exerting his independence from the board, which I'm delighted at. For too long he's taken the heat from you complainers.

McGhee is right that, in itself, the shit facilities are not a prohibitive barrier by itself if you pay the players a premium to overcome that.

However, Knight is also right that Withdean and its shit revenues arguably prevent us paying the kind of wages we need to overcome that.

I'm just pleased that McGhee is putting pressure on the board for more revenue for the team. Frankly, to have members of the board blaming him when they didn't produce the cash for the team last year must have made McGhee's blood boil!

It did sound like a cover up from Knight to be honest.

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Turn down Charlton?

f*** SAKE.

A premiership side that we COULD be trying to loan youngsters from and we turn them down? Did they explain why?

Kerry Mayo turned them down - it's his call, ain't it?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He did? My mistake then.

Does seem a bit silly though, eh?

Edit: That was to LI's question.

(look at me jumping to conclusion as per...)

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Kerry Mayo turned them down - it's his call, ain't it?

Bit stupid of Kerry I thought. Probably would have got a good crowd.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
'Arsenal 'no' to Mayo's testimonial because of the Champions league'
Game was due to be played last Monday, 31st July, did I miss the start of Arsenal's Champions league campaign?

Don't kid a kidder Mr Knight!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here