Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Famous People you've met

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
NMH said:
I went to that gig, was a big fan of Lofgren at the time. I went to London to see him around then too, before bumping into him at a Stones gig in Wembley when we were both trying to sneak down the floor seats to get nearer the stage. Had a brief chat, but the RS were playing, so too much going on to exchange more than a few pleasantries.

Great gig, Lofgren had to be at the top of his game to have Tom Petty as support.
A few years later I was living in Bethesda, Maryland and Lofgrems used to rehearse his sets in a local bar before going on tour. Never got the chance to speak to him but it was great seeing such a talented performer and musician in a really small venue.

cheshunt seagull said:
Great gig, Lofgren had to be at the top of his game to have Tom Petty as support.
A few years later I was living in Bethesda, Maryland and Lofgrems used to rehearse his sets in a local bar before going on tour. Never got the chance to speak to him but it was great seeing such a talented performer and musician in a really small venue.
:bowdown:

Cry Tough was a favourite album, played it over and over. I heard a tune from him on the radio the other day, and was thinking "whoever this is has a great voice".
Funny it only occurred to me then, as I was normally focussed on guitarwork from him - which is of course outstanding.

This is decent enough quality, hope you've got broadband or cable;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeJ1NyYoESY

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
NMH said:
:bowdown:

Cry Tough was a favourite album, played it over and over. I heard a tune from him on the radio the other day, and was thinking "whoever this is has a great voice".
Funny it only occurred to me then, as I was normally focussed on guitarwork from him - which is of course outstanding.

This is decent enough quality, hope you've got broadband or cable;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeJ1NyYoESY

Great stuff. Thanks

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
I went on holiday to Barcelona with two Of Chumbawamba, and the drummer from Doom.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Guinness Dave said:
met loads of famous peeps, but the most famousist was the queen at her silver jubilee

when i called her SIR :rolleyes:
Easy mistake, not exactly a stunner, eh.
:lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
desprateseagull said:
ray brooks (actor in Big Deal, from a few years back) and family came to the king alfred bowling centre, where i had a part time job..

He is a season ticket holder at Withdean as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here