I've empited Jimmy Hills bin
Ricky Butcher
Bob booker

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Freddo said:
where did u meet pele? ur not talking about the southampton defender are u...

No, I'm talking about THE Pele. I was working in IT for the Beeb many moons ago and had somehow stumbled upon an office with a live feed to Scotland v Wales in the World Cup qualifier at Anfield. 1978 it must have been. Unheard of in those days. Obviously some kind of internal BBC relay or something. Then the picture switched to studio preparations for Sportsnight at half time. There was Bob Wilson in there, if memory serves, plus assorted Beeb presenter types who I can't remember now. And Pele. Hang on, I thought, through a mist of Tennents Super, that's Pele. And he's in the same building I am, about six floors down. So I made a bee-line for the studio, belted straight past all the local 'faces' and got Pele to sign stuff. Asked him about Scotland's chances in the Wotrld Cup. The sporting ambassador that he is, he lied through his teeth and said Scotland had a very good chance.

That's where I got David bowie too, in the BBC Club in Television Centre. Plus chatted to every punk band that ever passed through the doors of the bar (Jam, Boomtown Rats, even shared a joint with the piranhas in their dressing-room once). Oh, and used to gatecrash the Old Grey Whistle Test studio to watch live sets by the likes of Blondie and The Ramones.

One of the best times of me life really.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Richard Branson on holiday with his family on his Island

Ruby Wax same holiday as she was also a guest on Necker

Noel Galagher at England v France in Portugal Euro 2004

Mathew Wright a few times as my Mrs is his make up artist.

Des Lynam, a customer in my dads restaurant

Gabriella Sabatini, Arancha Sanchez Vicario when Tennis was in
Eastbourne every year as my dad was friendly with them and they ate everyday at our place.

Peter Grant manager of Led Zep as he was a good mate of my dads.

Justin Lee Collins and Alan Carr, again clients of my Mrs, in fact Ive briefly met lots of Z listers through her.

Oh and most memorable Darius at a restaurant in Covent Garden for a mates birthday, who we all sang "Darius is a wanker" to after he refused to sign the young ladys birthday card.
:lolol:

Jul 20, 2003
Albion Dan said:

Peter Grant manager of Led Zep as he was a good mate of my dads.

Peter Grant saw my band play about 20 years ago

he said we were crap

he was right

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I almost forgot Ben Elton who managed to put more fucks in a sentence than anyone I've ever met
Simon Gallup from the cure, my mrs used to babysit his kids, probably various other members of the cure, there was always several odd looking types at his house though I wouldn,t know who they are if they told me!

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And tho it shames me deeply to confess it, I once got a snog from this bloke :down:

Alechome.jpg

It made the front page of the Perthshire Advertiser at the time. :blush:

In my defence, tho, I would point out I was a three-month old baby at the time and in no way did I CONSENT to be being kissed by Sir Alec Douglas-Home MP (and soon to be Tory Prime Minister) :nono:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I serviced Mike Bamber's swimming pool boiler.

I met Bruce Forsyth when i was on YOU BET!

I was best man at my mates wedding and JORDAN was a bridesmaid.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Former -- he was reigning at the time -- world middleweight champ Marvelous Marvin Hagler.

Yo-Yo Ma. (He was a friend of a friend in his Harvard Days) We did *not* shake hands -- considering the relative value of his, and mine, probably a wise move.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i meet Jayne Torvill quite reguarly as she lives less than 100 yards from my work and shes a customer there

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
dave gilmour doing his shopping with a blonde in tesco broadbridge heath,he also gets his grandchildrens hair cut at a hairdresser on the carfax.

jackie collins at her dads house on hove seafront,(in 1973) she talked to me about her famous sister joan the actress.

Last edited:

Andy Warhol, Green Day, Ronald Isley, Roddy McDowell, Cameron Diaz (before she was famous though), all the Pink Floyd, all Led Zep 'cept Jimmy Page, Julian Lennon, Lemmy, Tracy Lords, Herbie Hancock, Matt Groenig, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Lemmy, Eric Burdon, Aynesly Dunbar, Mitch Mitchell, John Ratsenburg (postman in Cheers), The Joystrings, Colin Blunstone.

Sat next to Andre Agassi, Dustin Hoffman, Arnold Schwartzenegger, Paul Simon and Neil Simon at various times, but didn't speak to them as it wasn't appropriate.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Most famous The Queen at her place along with Prince Philip, John Major and a few more minor royals. My company was awarded Queens award for export. Though only shook hands and said hi but had a good nose round and free booze

Best celebrity meeting was spending a couple of hours drinking with Bobby Gillespie at Zap :bowdown: :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here