Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Famous people (Non-Football) you've met face to face

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Not too impressed by her either. One of King Hussein's entourage wanted to me to go back to Jordan with him and become his "batman". I left him alone pretty quick smart after that.

Are you sure it was not his "Batty man"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'll get back to you.*

*I have as much chance of finding $50m as I have of actually buying a Discovery.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Anne Widdecombe
Kevin Whately
Colin Dexter
Jeremy Paxman
Arthur Scargill
Hannah Mandlikova
Tony Buss
Rory Bremner
Andrew Lloyd Webber
Melvyn Bragg
Johnny Crumplin

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I was on TV once (a BBC 2 documentary, no less), which by today's standards of media obsession MUST make me famous, so if you've met me, I should be on your lists.

:jester:

Seriously, I think Des Lynam and Dara O'Briain are the only (non-football) famous people I can recall having met.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
What was he like?

Did you manage not to stare at him?

When I was a law student, I worked part-time at DeWynter's, an advertising agency in Leicester Square. The company promoted West End shows. Andrew Lloyd Webber and Melvyn Bragg came to the office frequently. I had to make their coffee. ALW was pleasant. Melvyn Bragg was downright arrogant and rude.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Tom Baker, Frazier Hines, Nicola Bryant and Nicolas Courtney at a book signing

Norman Cook, was djing in the K&Q and i asked him if he was going to Swindon for the play-offs. He said no as was working (bad fan!! :jester:)

The bird that use to be in Eastenders and My family and also appeared in a Torchwood episode last year

MURRAY29

Nov 27, 2006
Shoreham
Met Tom Cruise and his wife(forgot her name) when they were getting off there private jet from the States.
Ronan Keating
Zoe Ball + Fatboy
Dale Winton
Tony Blair
Jodie Kidd
Nigel Benn
Chris Eubank
Audley Harrison
Max from Eastenders
Jamiroquai

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Actually forgot I saw (didn't meet) the lovely, leggy Zoe Ball chatting to a lollipop lady outside my little lads school !. She is f**king tall for a bird !

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
I've met Wolf, from Gladiators.
wolf1.gif

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Then-middleweight world champion Marvelous Marvin Hagler. You'd be surprised how small middleweights actually are. I'm 6'4" and positively towered over him. He was, on the other hand, the most physicially fit man I have ever seen. Looked capable not only of tearing phone books, but phone booths, in his bare hands.

Former students include (American) football hall of famer Lawrence Taylor and basketball star James Worthy.

Met the present US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here